Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to adjust default timeout ajax timeout in JSM

Hi! 

In that article, I will show how to adjust default ajax timeout for JSD portal and will request manageable functionality from Atlassian :)

So that story starts from long-running timeouts request and small performance degradation. 

That instance is used for the 30k active users and works on Jira Service Desk Data Center release on 3 nodes. 

And sometimes our users are met with next errors.

image.png

After observation in first time it was quite complicated to reproduce it. 

Of course, I checked monitoring what’s happened.

image.png

You can see that Jira SM has a default timeout of 60 sec. 

Early, I used the next KB  “How to change the default ajax timeout on Jira server” which works well  for Jira software, and Jira Core.

Add into the announcement banner the next info.

<script>
AJS.$.ajaxSetup({
timeout: 356100
});
</script>

Unfortunately,  for the JIra Service desk it does not work. Therefore I use fragments from Scriptrunner to adjust the next timeout. 

1. Open fragments https://jira.example.com/plugins/servlet/scriptrunner/admin/fragmentsimage.png
  2. Create fragmentimage.png
  3. Open the portal and click Inspect in Browser and verify with next command in browser consolle:   AJS.$.ajaxSettings;  image.png

I used the next query in ELK  to review logs and check graphs: url~ "POST /servicedesk/customer/portal/?/create/

For creating request action we can use adjusted timeout.

Conclusion

Please, vote for that ticket, if it’s helpful for you. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-8515

Because that parameter looks needful if Jira used for the different users (locations, slow connectivity) and during performance degradation easier you can adjust and evaluate. Also, some rest api can be especially long than constant timeout 60 sec.

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

2 comments

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2021

Useful info @Gonchik Tsymzhitov . I have voted for the issue.

Like Gonchik Tsymzhitov likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2021

Thanks @Kishan Sharma ! 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events