Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🛬 Early access: surface Assets in Confluence Cloud!

Update 3:  Early access is now closed, we intend to enable this to all of our users in 2 stages:

• Stage 1: Open (beta access) - The feature is going to be available to all of our user base by default.
  • Stage 2: General Availability - Users without JSM licenses will be able to view the table.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Update 2: We have received too many requests to get access to the feature, and because it's going to take some time for the public release we have decided to reopen the EAP as we understand that many customers would to use the feature ASAP.

Please feel free to fill in this form.

Update 1: Thank you to everyone who joined our EAP! We've hit our customer target, so we're closing the application form. EAP access is gradually being granted, so watch for an email from us. We're diligently working to enable it for all customers soon.

Hello Atlassian Community,

We're thrilled to announce a new early access program (EAP) that will allow you to insert your Assets for Jira Service Management objects directly in Confluence.

This will transform the way you, and others, view and manage your Assets objects. Seamlessly integrate your Jira Service Management objects into Confluence as a table - making it easier than ever to track, manage, and analyze your assets wherever you need them.

As we work on introduce valuable new features like this to Assets, we’re very aware of the importance of getting it right. That’s where we need you! We’re looking for volunteer sites to help us test and validate this feature, making sure they work reliably and efficiently.

Who we’re looking for:

• Jira Service Management Premium and Enterprise users with a desire to surface Assets data in Confluence

• Users who are willing to engage with us and provide feedback on their experiences with the EAP.

• English speaking users (the EAP will only have English localization)

• Sites with a maximum of 1 million objects

By participating in this early access program, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the future of Assets in Jira Service Management. Your feedback and insights will be instrumental in helping us evolve and refine this feature for our wider community of users.

How to get involved:

If you’re a Premium or Enterprise user of Jira Service Management and meet the criteria mentioned above, we'd love to hear from you! Simply fill out this form  to express your interest in participating in the EAP. After reviewing your submission, our team will get in touch with you to provide more information about the program and the next steps.

We're incredibly excited about this new step in our journey and we sincerely hope you will take part.

Don’t miss out on this opportunity to be part of the future of Assets in Jira Service Management. Sign up today!

All the best,

The Jira Service Management Assets team

46 comments

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2023

Cool! Signed up.

We're just about to implement an internal Asset Management process within the company and this could help us a lot. :)

Like • Mohamed Hassan likes this
Andreas Krupp August 25, 2023

Awesome - happy to try it out!

Rodrigo Angulo August 25, 2023

Been waiting for this one :D

Like • # people like this
Lou Magtoto August 31, 2023

The form keeps thinking I am a robot so I am unable to submit. I will try again later.

Milad S. September 5, 2023

Hi @Mohamed Hassan 

Great initiative, indeed.

I really hope:

• This works with the Confluence Database (the new feature that you are going to roll out)
  • Allow having buttons associated with the asset that trigger automation or direct to pre-filled JSM form in the portal (e.g., purchase or Book equipment) 

Regards,

Milad

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2023

@Mohamed Hassanany updates on when the EAP will start? We would like to try the feature out as soon as possible 🙃

Like • Simon Sahli likes this
Mohamed Hassan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2023

Hi @Tomislav Tobijas ðŸ‘‹ - The current plan is to start rolling it out in the last week of September pending the resolution of a few technical dependencies. You should receive an email if you have signed up using the form in the article.

Thanks,

Mohamed

Mohamed Hassan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2023

Hey @Milad S_ ðŸ‘‹ - Thank you so much for your suggestions, for now, the intention is that these are 2 separate products, the Confluence databases are lightweight structured tables that can be used within Confluence and don't rely on any other products, however, Asstes is meant to be a powerful and more complex data platform, that supports imports, automation and connectors. And customers need to surface that data stored within Assets in different areas in the product like Confluence and  Jira. 

If you don't mind I would like to reach out to understand the second use case.

Thanks,

Mohamed

Like • Milad S. likes this
Milad S. September 7, 2023

Sure, @Mohamed Hassan I will be more than happy to discuss the second use case. Let me know how I can reach out or feel free to pop a meeting in my calendar.

Thanks,

Milad

Jeffrey Eaton September 13, 2023

Sign us up please :)

Florian Schmidt September 21, 2023

This looks like a great feature for a lot of use cases:

- to complete documentations of services or software systems with data from asset discovery

- to give an overview furniture / smartphones / pcs etc. to another department 

- to analyze certain software versions

etc.

I am looking forward to see this in person

Thanks

Florian

Ralf Scheller September 22, 2023

the link to the form for signing up is not available - is the signup closed?
We would like to join in the EAP...

Mohamed Hassan
Atlassian Team
September 25, 2023

Hello Team 👋

Thank you to everyone who joined our EAP! We've hit our customer target, so we have closed the application form. EAP access is gradually being granted, so watch for an email from us. We're diligently working to enable it for all customers soon.

If anyone needs urgent access to the feature please email me at mhassan@atlassian.com

Thanks,

Mohamed

Like • Tomislav Tobijas likes this
Tobias H
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2023

Hi Mohamed! I'm thrilled to have access to this and it looks great.

However, it seems like only users with access to Assets can view the content, is this how it's meant to be used when it's live as well?

I would have suspected this to be a feature to display assets in a readable way to non-Assets users, as we have more than 50 employees who would potentially need to read the content of our Software assets, but with no reason to have a JSM license for anything else.

Perhaps I've missed something, if so, please advice! :D 

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2023

@Tobias HI think it was stated somewhere (probably registration form) that, for EAP, only those users that have access to Assets, will be able to view content on Confluence pages.
But, I/we are also interested in expanding the ability to view assets to all other users as well (I also think that this or a similar question was in the form).

Like • Tobias H likes this
Bryan Kennedy September 27, 2023

Well, rats. I wish I had seen this early enough to get into the EAP. We have a pressing need as part of our ITAM project. Holding my breath for the public rollout.

Mohamed Hassan
Atlassian Team
October 10, 2023

Hi @Tobias H / @Tomislav Tobijas - Apologies for missing these comments. Yes currently it can be inserted/viewed by JSM agents, however we are working on a solution to provide an option to enable a read-only view for non-JSM agents, we will update the community once we have an ETA.

Thanks,

Mohamed

Mohamed Hassan
Atlassian Team
October 10, 2023

Hello Team - We have received too many requests to get access to the feature, and because it's going to take some time for the public release we have decided to reopen the EAP as we understand that many customers would to use the feature ASAP.

Please feel free to fill in this form.

Güçlühan Kuzyaka October 18, 2023

Hi, 

I'm an EAP person. In the Server version of the Assets Confluence app, the macro is compatible with the "Table Filter and Charts for Confluence" add-on.

So the information obtained from Assets is easily filtered or changed in the visual style. 

But the cloud version is not compatible. Is it possible to add "Table Filter and Charts for Confluence"  support?

Thanks.

Mohamed Hassan
Atlassian Team
November 13, 2023

Hi @Güçlühan Kuzyaka - I am not familiar with that, can you please share more details? feel free to email me @ mhassan@atlassian.com or book a meeting here

Like • Güçlühan Kuzyaka likes this
Dani Lucas November 21, 2023

We are testing it and the way it shows the objects is fine enough, but we noticed that the macros shown in confluence are just visible for users with JSM license.

Is this the correct behaviour? or just for the EAP? If the macros are not going to be seen by not JSM licensed users this a waste of time....

Dom November 21, 2023

@Mohamed Hassan 

I submitted a request a few weeks ago to be included in this EAP - I've got multiple possible scenarios for it that would really help me right now to implement. Should I take the silence that I didn't get selected or did I miss something?

It would help me immensely to have this functioning right now, but I do need to plan accordingly if that isn't possible.

Thank you!

Dani Lucas November 28, 2023

Is it going to be possible to filter and sort in the tables of the macro?

Thanks

Mohamed Hassan
Atlassian Team
November 28, 2023

@Dani Lucas - For JSM Access this is just for EAP, we are still working on a solution to enable it for users that don't have JSM licenses, this will be included in the GA release, we will share more details as soon as we know.

I am interested in learning more about the filtering and sorting requirements, feel free to book some time with me via this link to go through that use case.

Mohamed Hassan
Atlassian Team
November 28, 2023

Hey @Dom - Apologies for the delay, we were waiting to turn it on for everyone but since this was delayed, we are admitting a new batch soon, can you please email me your ticket number so I can make sure it's included? my email is mhassan@atlassian.com

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events