cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Access Program: Multiple Help Centers in Jira Service Management

44 comments

Sushant Koshy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2024

@Chrissy Clements - thank you for the feedback. I will reach out to you over email. 

Like • Chrissy Clements likes this
Meytal BM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2024

Finally! amazing! cant wait

Like • Chrissy Clements likes this
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2024

@Sushant Koshy thanks for this and the EAP - looks good so far. Where is the documentation on this as it is under the EAP? I created a new test help desk and all the JSM projects appear under it. When I go to the Portal settings or Customer permissions I am not seeing the configuration or setting to state that project X is for Help Desk A?

I have also emailed you RE the permissions around this currently.

Thanks again. Already enjoying the potential this has.

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2024

Can someone add the Wiki link to configure this?

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2024

OK I think I found the configuration @Sushant Koshy .  @Aaron Geister - This may help you (and others), if you click on the profile image on top right > Page layout and then on the tiles, click on the eye icon to show or hide on the project on the help desk.

I have submitted feedback but I have noticed that if a project is hidden in can be navigated to by changing the id in the URL bar (not ideal but would be great to hide and not have access to it on that portal) - though I understand this is in EAP

It would be nice to have a group/documentation link that we can subscribe to for new progress on this. Esp to see this to complete fruition and GA

Thank you

Like • Aaron Geister likes this
Ricardo Nevarez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 14, 2024

Will we have the ability to limit what request types are available on a help center in the future?

Marc Koppelaar - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2024

Hi @Sushant Koshy 

Is there any ETA on delivery of this functionality within the global realm?

Michael Tourné
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 22, 2024

Since we enrolled in the early access program, when a user navigates to requests, these are no longer filtered by default on "open requests". It is showing all requests, resolved and unresolved. The customer can still manually change the filter, but it was better when this was defaulted to unresolved only. The "created by me" filter is still applied as default.

Chrissy Clements May 22, 2024

@Ricardo Nevarezthere is another EAP in flight to restrict request types :)

eb May 24, 2024

This is basic feature if you want user use one site available for customer and internal employees like ITSM or ESM together. We should be able to have multiple help center easily

Jeremy_Rampe May 30, 2024

Is there a timeline for when this feature will be generally available? As our Org grows into JSM this is going to be a game changer!

Like • cuenint likes this
Danylo Borodai June 11, 2024

Hello! Will it be available for DC versions in future?

rsisauri June 11, 2024

Hello @Sushant Koshy  
If I add another Help Center, how can I categorize projects, for example I have 40 projects in our instance, I want 20 projects to be in one help center and other in second. I was not able to do this (Can I see documentation somewhere?) 

Joe Pursel June 12, 2024

Multiple Help Centers (HCs) are a lifesaver for us. This feature allows us to have Service Desk Portals in different Help Centers without purchasing a plugin to provide similar features and to minimize the number of portals in each HC, thereby making it easier for our users to get to the right portal quickly.

As part of our ITSM transformation from Request Tracker (RT) to Enterprise Service Management (ESM) using Jira Service Management (JSM), we have created three HCs to begin this transition. Currently, we have a test HC, an ITSM HC and a Production HC, where we are initially revising our current set of portals, and we are creating our initial set of Service Desks to replace the RT queues used by the rest of the company.

We plan to create up to 150 team Service Desk Portals and allocate these Portals to one of the HCs.

So far, this feature is working as we expected.

I am grateful that we are able to test and use this new feature and realize the value added to our ESC.

Eager for this feature to be GA.

Like • Sushant Koshy likes this
Sushant Koshy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2024

We've started rolling out the ability to create and manage multiple help centers to new and existing Jira Service Management Cloud customers. By the end of August 2024, all cloud customers on premium and enterprise editions will have access to the feature. 

You can access documentation for this feature here - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/create-and-manage-help-centers/

Sushant Koshy
Atlassian Team
June 19, 2024

@Danylo Borodai - This feature is only available in the cloud, and there are no plans to include it in DC. 

Sushant Koshy
Atlassian Team
June 19, 2024

@rsisauri - You can hide projects on Help Center's home pages by following this https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/hide-portals-from-your-help-center/

PiYa Nattawud
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 27, 2024

@Sushant Koshy my jsm plan is premium. I don't see this feature. how/where to request it?

I can see this feature already.

Marcell Bendik
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 1, 2024

I did successfully set up a new help center and defined which service projects should be visible there.

However I created a new service project after this and that project is default visible on the new help center (as well). Is it the planned functionality (or my environment does not work properly)? Imagine having a dozen help center and every time a new service project created you have to disable it at all help centers...

Would be better that all new service projects should be disabled by default for all help centers (though can be enabled the the default Help center).

Like • Milad S. likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events