Ask Me Anything (AMA) about Jira Service Management Forms (Cloud)

UPDATE June 13, 2022 -- Thanks for submitting your questions đź‘Ź. Here's your answer video. You can also see the video with full transcript in the Forms Group --> click here.

Hi Community!

We’re running another Jira Service Management Forms Ask Me Anything (AMA). We did this in January 2022. You asked a lot of great questions, shared product feedback and feature ideas. We'd love to hear more from you.

If you use Jira Service Management Cloud you have access to the new form builder.

good-form.atlassian.net_jira_servicedesk_projects_PT_settings_forms_form_3_edit.png

Whether you've built hundreds of forms or this is the first you're hearing about the form builder, this AMA is for you.

Ask all your form builder questions to our product and marketing teams. That includes form automation, workflows, even the form builder roadmap.

Simon Herd and I had fun doing this in January. We’re both coming back for more.

How this AMA works

1. Add your question(s) as a comment below any time until 5pm PST on June 8, 2022

2. At that time, we'll record a video to answer as many questions as we can in 30 minutes

3. The video and answers will be posted here in Community

4. Any questions we can’t answer in the video will get a response in the comments

We’ll post the video and transcript by 9am PST on Monday, June 13th.

watch this page in community.png

Click the Watch button to be notified when we share the video and answer your questions.

Ask your form questions below!

We’ll answer questions in the order they’re submitted, so get yours in now!

Add your question in the comments below 👇

10 comments

Matthias Ortner May 30, 2022

Hi @Peter Preston

great to hear you run another session! My question: is there going to be a performance update that will speed up loading the forms in Jira Service Management portals?

Like • Peter Preston likes this
Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2022

Hi,

Can you specify in the article that this AMA is for Cloud only ?

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2022

Hi @Peter Preston 

Q - Are Forms going to support table type inputs with dynamic field types as columns?

Like • # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2022

Hi @Peter Preston , is multi-lingual support for Forms on the roadmap?

e.g. Depending on the customer's language setting, the form is presented in their native language (without duplicating 1 form where the first question is a language choice).

Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2022

I totally agree with @Dave Mathijs , the forms must allow to translate them in any other language available in JSM. I'm not talking abour having a condition in the form to display the form in the language of your choice, wich is ridiculous for so many reason. I was told in the AMA for JSM DC that I should just create another form in our official second language. What ?!? First of all, all the big ITSM cie allow everything to be translate in the language of your choice. Second we don't want to pollute our Catalogue with many versions of a service request. Again, if you want big cies to move to JSM, that is a must not a nice to have.

Carmen

Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2022

Q: Are any of the automation rules available for data center in the roadmap for the cloud?

Juliette Lallement _Elements Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 5, 2022

Hi and thanks for opening this AMA!

I saw that you can build out data connections to feed form fields. What are your future plans for that ?

I also saw that it's possible to link form fields to Jira fields, are there plans to extend this linkage to custom fields and vendor-built fields ?

JSM forms hold great potential, are you building a REST API for a better integration? This would be really useful!

Best regards

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2022

Hi @Peter Preston  - Thanks for doing this!!

We have been using ProForma Forms for years and love them! Now that the integration has happened, what's really different for those of us who already had the tool? 

Arielle Unterberger June 6, 2022

Hi @Peter Preston 

Would it be possible to use a Form field in Automation rules?

I have a simple yes or no radio button field in my form, and if the answer is yes, I want the automation rule to create a new task.

Since this case does not happen often, creating a custom field for this does not seem to be worth it.  

Thanks!

Lisa Maria Creuso June 20, 2022

Hi @Peter Preston ,

we use forms for almost all types of service desk requests. One of the features we use the most is that you could still edit the form after submitting the request.

The option in the Forms settings "leave open after submit" allowed us to hide the submit button and allow requesters to edit the forms after submitting.

Unfortunately, this option is no longer available after the last update. Are you planning to reintroduce it?

Thanks!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events