Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing approval by email in Jira Service Management

39 comments

Jason D'Cruz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2021

@Jerrad Hermann , the feature is enabled for all instances on JSM Cloud. Could you please file a support ticket in case you're still not seeing it?

Like John Funk likes this
Andrey Suray May 16, 2021

Hi all,
Having read comments about using the feature in Automation I did not get how can I add  the approval buttons to a mail, sent from an Automation rule.  

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2021

@Andrey Suray  - that would require an involved work around. 

Like Andrey Suray likes this
Alberto Gordo May 17, 2021

This is very good news!

Andrey Suray May 18, 2021

@John Funk, could you please describe the workaround?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2021
Like # people like this
Nick Read August 12, 2021

@John Funk 

I have the same question as @Szymon Ptak - I can't use custom fields in customer notification emails, so I have to use automation rules with a send email action to the approver.

Can I format the email out in Jira automation to include the approve/decline buttons somehow?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2021

There's an open request for being able to add custom fields to the notifications from JSM emails. I just not sure of the link right now. But, basically, no, you are not able to do that right now. 

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2022

Can we use smart values to show description or other fields data in the email notification? The default set up doesn't give much information to the approver what they are approving. I need to add more content. 

Alberto Gordo March 22, 2022

@Aaron gesiter Yes, this is possible. see sample below:

{panel:title=Ticket / Request|borderStyle=dashed|borderColor=#ccc|titleBGColor=#F7D6C1|bgColor=#FFFFCE}
*Summary*:
${issue.summary}

*Description*:
${issue.description}
{panel}

Like Aaron Geister likes this
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2022

@Alberto Gordo Thank you so much this was so helpful. Is there a confluence document that shows the plain text or smart value? 

I applied this and it works amazing. Perfect. 

Boris Berenberg - Modus Create October 25, 2022

We added support for Jira Service Management approvals in Notification Assistant for Jira where we also support full customization of the email template. You can now put any field you want alongside your approvals. If you have any questions, feel free to open a support ticket at https://atlasauthority.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/group/1/create/1

Iman Attia February 13, 2023

This doesn't allow you to use the variable in automation emails: ${approval.buttons}

Like # people like this
Gabriel Muller July 16, 2023

Please, add the variable ${request.details}, which is available in server, but not cloud.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events