Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imap connect timed out - jira service desk for office365

Monizze IT May 16, 2019

hello,

I try to configure service desk to get email from our office365 (enterprise) inbox.

• IMAP host name :    outlook.office365.com

• IMAP port:    993

• protocol: secure_imap

The email box is a normal one, it work perfectly and when I use thunderbird to get email, it works.

The server where the jira service desk is installed, can do a telnet without issue.

But when I try, I got this error

Unfortunately no connection was possible. Review the errors below and rectify:

• SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out

In the log I see

2019-05-16 15:05:18,845 http-nio-8080-exec-45 ERROR jvb 905x1298x1 1vu5jek 10.100.200.227,0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /secure/admin/VerifyPopServerConnection!update.jspa [c.a.j.p.mail.weVbwork.erifyMailServer] Unable to connect to the server at outlook.office365.com due to the following exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out

What can I do?

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2019

Sounds like the Jira server doesn't have access over the network to outlook.office365.com.  You could test this on the operating system using something like curl, if you're running Linux.

$curl outlook.office365.com:993

If it also times out, you will need to work with your network admin to figure out how to get out to the internet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events