how to submit an issue without a login

We are setting up service desk and we would like our external clients to use it to submit issues.  We would like to create customer accounts for these external users, but would NOT like them to get an email to complete the setup.  We don't need them to be able to access the portal at this time, but DO want them to receive emails for issue creation, updates and resolution.  Is it possible to set up service desk with these settings?

3 answers

Hi Daniel, 

Yes, it's possible! Just add them via User Management and uncheck all boxes related to application links. Don't add them into any group. Once you've done this, they should show up on the customer's list. smile

If you have turned on the option to raise request via email, they should be all set too. wink

Let us know if this answers your question!

Cheers!

Great, I will test and get back to you.  Is there a away to bulk add users and also not notify them? 

There is a bulk create option, though it will send users an invite email for them to access the system. :/

Well that stinks.  I am going to have to add 3-4K users one at a time so they don't get an email.  The bulk import needs to be updated.

On another note, we got the user added and receiving emails when emailing a new issue.  We are trying to use the Issue Collectors and match on the users email address.  I have added the same user to the Service Desk Customers role on the project level and allowed that role to create issues.  We submit and issue through the issue collector on our site and the user is correctly assigned as the reporter, BUT they are not receiving any emails.  All notifications include the Reporter so I am not sure why the user can't get emails.  Also if I use the notification helper it says the user should get notifications.  Please advise.  Thanks
-Dan

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

890 views 5 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot