Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to override 'reply to' address on the email sent from jira help desk project

Tecla System Support January 24, 2019

I use a specific account to send\receive email on Jira that is like mailersupport@mycompany.com.

This account below to support@mycompany.com group that contain all email of support team.

I configured my 'Jira help desk' project to send email with the mailersupport account but on customer side the email must show the group account as sender and this is working.

The problem now is that from customer side when you receive the email from my Jira you can see the correct sender (support@mycompany.com) but if you reply to email pressing 'reply to' button it takes the real email that sent the message: mailersupport@mycompany.com.

I used to work with Mantis before Jira to manage my customer's support and on Mantis it is possible to override completely the email sender in the way that also the 'reply to' field take the group email account instead of the real email sender.

There is a way to do this also in Jira?

Thanks and best regards

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tecla System Support January 25, 2019

I'm new on the Jira Configurations Universe, but at the end I found the way to solve the problem myself.

Thank you everybody!!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2019

Happy you were able to solve the issue!

Is there anything you can share with us, in case this might help users in the future?

Regards,

Shannon

Tecla System Support January 28, 2019

I solved on Project settings -> email request -> edit your email channel.

There I put my support group email on the 'email address' field but I leave the mailersupport email as the receive recipient.

In this way I receive correctly the email from customer on the mailersupport recipient but when Jira send notification to customers on that project will send email using the mailersupport login but it will also override the 'reply to' field using the group email.

So if the customer will reply to that email he will send email to all support group and not only to mailersupport recipient.

Thanks and best regards

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events