how does a service desk agent create a bug?

Michael Jacobs July 1, 2019

how does a service desk agent create a bug from a customer issue email?

How does a service desk agent link to an issue if they don't know what the issues are?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2019

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!
In order to better help you with this case, we need more details about your questions.
I'm not sure if I understood correctly, would you like agents to create bugs via email or if a customer creates a ticket through email the agent will have to create a second ticket as a bug?
About the second question, can you give us more context about it?

Regards,
Angélica

Michael Jacobs July 3, 2019

Hi Angelica,

My question was regarding taking either an email or portal submission and creating a bug for the dev team from there.

Let's say if there's an email from a user and the agent thinks its a bug how do they turn that into a bug in our Jira bug tracker?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2019

When they check a request on Service Desk that they need to track as a bug in Jira Software, they can create a new bug using the + button and selecting the desired project. Then they can link the Bug to the Service Desk request, so the ticket will still be available for the customer to check in the portal.
To link one ticket to another, they can follow the steps of the documentation below:
- Link issues together

If they want to use the same ticket, they can move the ticket to a Software project and change the issue type, but in this case, the customer that created the ticket won't have access to view it anymore.
Moving an issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events