Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

define different accessible status according to an additional field

Nicolas FILIPPI March 14, 2018

Hello,

For my service desk project, I would like to set up a very specific configuration: I have to define different status depending on the environment defined by an additional "environment" field.

For example, if the the value of environment field is "Production" and a test is invalid, I need a status "Rollback". This status will not be available in other environment values ​​"preprod" or "test".

Can you tell me how to set up such a system?

Thank's for your help !

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2018

Jira has a native way to restrict the status that issues can be transitioned into.  These are called workflow conditions.  However Jira does not natively have a workflow condition that can check the value of a field such as environment.  In order to do that, you will likely need to use a plugin for Jira that then grants this functionality. 

There are probably several plugins to Jira that can do this in one way or another.  However I believe that the Jira Suite Utilities has documented how to use this kind of condition that their plugin appears to provide in Value Field Condition

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events