create new issue category?

Jennifer Marotta May 17, 2018

Hi,

We are trialing Service Desk and I am trying to follow the suggested"tutorials" from Atlassian.  When adding the very first request type, I cannot complete the task as described as the drop down choices do not mirror the selection in the tutorial.  It seems I can't add issue types either, however, I am the admin for the whole service desk trial program, so I'm not sure who to ask for permissions to add issue types...

Thanks in advance for any help!

2 answers

1 vote
Victor Mutambuki [Mumo Systems]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2018

Jennifer,

What do you mean by category? Can you please take a screenshot?

Victor

Jennifer Marotta May 18, 2018

screen shot tutorial.pngwhat shoes on my SD.png

Hi Victor,

Thank you for your reply, here are two screen shots - the first is from the tutorial showing what I am supposed to (and want to) be doing:

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2018

Jennifer

To configure the Service Desk, you need to a JIRA admin and also have the JIRA Service Desk license.

Do you have both?

Victor

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2018

Jennifer

To configure the Service Desk, you need to a JIRA admin and also have the JIRA Service Desk license. Also, you need to add yourself as an admin in the service desk and also as a member of the Service Desk Team.

Do you have both?

Victor

0 votes
laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2018

Hi Jennifer, 

The Issuetypes are not the same as the Requests, you can add new Request to your project if you are a Project Admin, but not Issue types for that you need to be a Jira Admin.

The Requests are mapped to the Issuetypes, and the issue types are mapped to your project so before adding the request you should.

Create the new Issuetype

Add it to the Issuetype scheme of your project so you can select it ( If you cannot create an issue with it, your task is not complete)

Add the new request type with that issuetype.

Hope it helps.

Jennifer Marotta May 18, 2018

Hi - Thanks for your reply - that helps a little.  I am currently trialing Service Desk and in the tutorial it asks for new users to create a request for
"wifi connection help"

that request is to be set up (according to the tutorial) as an issue type of "Access" - we definitely need this issue type in our organization.  However, there are only three issue types for me to pick from and it does not seem that there is an opportunity to add any new issue types, including many of the ones shown in previews or demos.

Does that make more sense?

Thanks

Jennifer

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2018

Hi Jennifer,

I made a short tutorial for you with screenshots! hope it helps!1c.PNG2c.PNG3c.PNG4c.PNG5c.PNG
Firt as a Jira Admin you create the new issuetype, then you add-it to your project, once thats done you get to use it for requests!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events