Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change our selected URL for JIra Service Deks Cloud

Mike Moore
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 12, 2018

We have setup our JIra Cloud Service Desk and would like to change our company specific portion of the URL (like going from XXXX.atlassian.net to YYY.atlassian.net.  I found posting regarding not being able to change the atlassian.net part, but not about our custom portion.  

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2018

You will need to reach out to Atlassian Support for this. 

Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2018

@Jack Brickey are you sure Atlassian can do anything about it? It would be great, but in the doc they're saying:

Business or technical reasons require you to change the domain name (URL) for your JIRA Cloud site. As this is not supported as an automated functionality, you will need to manually migrate to a new site with the desired URL.

@Mike Moore you can watch the feature request to be updated: More Easily Change Atlassian Cloud URL Domain.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2018

@Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_, no i'm not sure at all. I was just sure that if anything could be done it would have to be by Atlassian. I was in quick answer mode. :-)

The quote you provided would seem to say they cannot (or will not) either. That said, I would certainly contact support before going down the manual path as documentation isn't always correct. However, in this case I expect it is.

Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2018

@Jack Brickey I was hoping I was wrong and missed the news :D

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2018

@Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_, ha w/ Cloud missing the news is easy to do. It's like opening birthday gifts once a week. Some gifts make you happy and sometimes you want to take it in for an exchange. ;-) But...I'm happy much more often than not.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events