It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

change our selected URL for JIra Service Deks Cloud

We have setup our JIra Cloud Service Desk and would like to change our company specific portion of the URL (like going from XXXX.atlassian.net to YYY.atlassian.net.  I found posting regarding not being able to change the atlassian.net part, but not about our custom portion.  

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jul 12, 2018

You will need to reach out to Atlassian Support for this. 

@Jack are you sure Atlassian can do anything about it? It would be great, but in the doc they're saying:

Business or technical reasons require you to change the domain name (URL) for your JIRA Cloud site. As this is not supported as an automated functionality, you will need to manually migrate to a new site with the desired URL.

@Mike Moore you can watch the feature request to be updated: More Easily Change Atlassian Cloud URL Domain.

Jack Community Leader Jul 13, 2018

@Manon Soubies-Camy, no i'm not sure at all. I was just sure that if anything could be done it would have to be by Atlassian. I was in quick answer mode. :-)

The quote you provided would seem to say they cannot (or will not) either. That said, I would certainly contact support before going down the manual path as documentation isn't always correct. However, in this case I expect it is.

@Jack I was hoping I was wrong and missed the news :D

Jack Community Leader Jul 13, 2018

@Manon Soubies-Camy, ha w/ Cloud missing the news is easy to do. It's like opening birthday gifts once a week. Some gifts make you happy and sometimes you want to take it in for an exchange. ;-) But...I'm happy much more often than not.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

287 views 0 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you