automatically generated mails do not create issues in jira

a.liebau July 10, 2017

I've set up Jira to create issues from mails. If I send mails manually from all kinds of accounts to the email account that I gave Jira access to, then those issues are created just fine.

If I have the form of a website send a mail to that address, then that mail does show up in the inbox of that account, but no ticket is created.

So, Jira ignored the computer generated mails. 

Does anybody have some advice why this might be the case? I've checked the headers and everything and I see no reason why this shouldn't work.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2017

I wonder if JIRA is seeing the automated emails as spam. Check this article - https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/managing-the-email-channel-732528949.html

or possibly associated with Advanced Loop Detection under incoming email admin?

I'm interested in what you find here.

a.liebau July 12, 2017

Thank you for your help. But it's my mistake: I was talking about the jira software, not the service desk. I took the wrong turn regarding the forums.

a.liebau July 13, 2017

Regarding the Jira Software, the problem was indeed that the mail got flagged as spam. I used a different mailer and adjusted the mails headers and whatnot, and now it works.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events