automatically generated mails do not create issues in jira

I've set up Jira to create issues from mails. If I send mails manually from all kinds of accounts to the email account that I gave Jira access to, then those issues are created just fine.

If I have the form of a website send a mail to that address, then that mail does show up in the inbox of that account, but no ticket is created.

So, Jira ignored the computer generated mails. 

Does anybody have some advice why this might be the case? I've checked the headers and everything and I see no reason why this shouldn't work.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey Community Champion Jul 10, 2017

I wonder if JIRA is seeing the automated emails as spam. Check this article - https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/managing-the-email-channel-732528949.html

or possibly associated with Advanced Loop Detection under incoming email admin?

I'm interested in what you find here.

Thank you for your help. But it's my mistake: I was talking about the jira software, not the service desk. I took the wrong turn regarding the forums.

Regarding the Jira Software, the problem was indeed that the mail got flagged as spam. I used a different mailer and adjusted the mails headers and whatnot, and now it works.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Mar 09, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

E.L. Fridge's take on education, Jira Service Desk, and creative Jira use cases

...word of mouth, so by 2016, we were working with several other entities on campus to implement Jira Service Desk . The Atlassian motto of “for every team” has really come true for us in this case. We...

970 views 2 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you