Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alerts for high priority issues created in service desk

Ann Marie Kjerland November 20, 2018

I'm pretty new to using service desk and we don't get a huge number of help desk issues

But any suggestions on ways to create alerts when issues are created with Highest priority to ensure we triage it asap.. 

Thanks 

4 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2018

here are some things to consider:

1. Add SLAs to your issues based upon priorities
  2. Use Automation to notify certain users based upon priority
  3. Consider Escalation methods

this is a good read on configuring notifications

0 votes
Žydrunė Stonkuvienė June 10, 2021

Hello,

I'm new to JIRA SD, more user than administrator, so better I'd like to ask professionals :) 

We have a rule: When this happens = issue created; If these match = Priority = Blocker, Then do this = Alert Jira users. It means that if blocker is created, users get message. 

But we have a doubt about "created".

In our system when Ticket is created it's get status Registered. Could it be, that alert message is sent only when status is changed from Registered to Waiting for support or Analysis? 

Thank you in advance!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

Hi @Žydrunė Stonkuvienė , This really should be a new question. With that said, if you have an automation rule as you described then the alert message should go out to the defined users anytime an issue is created regardless of the status. Are you saying that the alert is not being sent to these users but anyway she was created? If so please add a screenshot of your automation.

Žydrunė Stonkuvienė June 10, 2021

Thank's for quick answer!

We have a delay in receiving the message, I am wondering if it possible that the status matters because according to the rule described, it should not. 

The rule is very simple:

Alert_JIRASD.PNG

Of course we will test it once more, but it will be useful to know if any other circumstances or settings may affect. JIRA has so many functions and possibilities for configuration, it's not easy to understand quickly :)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2021

I see nothing wrong with your rule. If it is just a matter of a delay that could be due to other issues. If you’re still getting notifications, and you should, then I would not be concerned about it.

Like Žydrunė Stonkuvienė likes this
0 votes
Maro Hamamjyan November 20, 2018

1. Go to SLA and write in JQL priority = Highest  then in Goal write for ex. 1m (which is 1 minute) and choose your calendar.

2.Save the SLA with any name you prefer, for ex. "High Priority"

3. Go to Automation and create a Custom rule in this way: When should be SLA time remaining and choose your SLA (High Priority in the example) and in the Event choose Breached, you can leave IF empty if you want this rule to work for all issue types and in Then choose Alert user, save it and in this way you will be notified after a minute when a highest priority issue is created

0 votes
Deleted user November 20, 2018

Hi @Ann Marie Kjerland -

There are automation rules that you can use for your requirement. Service Desk has some preset automation rules that you can use out-of-the-box or edit them to suit your requirement, if you will. You can also create custom automation rules to meet your requirement(s).

I am not sure if you have already reviewed this documentation that covers the scope the topic you are looking for - https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/automating-your-service-desk-732528900.html. This document refers to a preset rule template 'Urgent issue alert" that may help you in accomplishing what you trying to do here.

Additionally, if you would like to bring alerts to yourself or your team, outside of email notifications, you could also explore pagerduty integration with JIRA (https://www.pagerduty.com/docs/guides/jira-webhook-email-integration-guide/).

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Kalyani

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events