It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why does a request participant cannot access a ticket?

We are using Jira Cloud and would like an expert to be able to add a comment to a specific request. I therefore added her to the ticket as a Request Participant but she is not allowed to open the request. I checked issue-level security settings but there are none provided for my project. What could be the issue here?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Feb 14, 2020

Request participants are used for Customer (portal/email only access). If the person is a JSW licensed user you can ensure they are in a role/group that has browse and comment permissions. You can then add them as a "Watcher" which will allow them to access the issue from w/in the application. Regardless, if they are a Request Participant they should be able to view the issue in the portal and make comments.

Thanky you Jack, actually we had an issue with a duplicated entry preventing my colleague from accessing the request. Once we resolved this issue, she was able to edit the request via the portal :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

1,798 views 10 17
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you