Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does a request participant cannot access a ticket?

Katrin February 14, 2020

We are using Jira Cloud and would like an expert to be able to add a comment to a specific request. I therefore added her to the ticket as a Request Participant but she is not allowed to open the request. I checked issue-level security settings but there are none provided for my project. What could be the issue here?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2020

Request participants are used for Customer (portal/email only access). If the person is a JSW licensed user you can ensure they are in a role/group that has browse and comment permissions. You can then add them as a "Watcher" which will allow them to access the issue from w/in the application. Regardless, if they are a Request Participant they should be able to view the issue in the portal and make comments.

Katrin February 17, 2020

Thanky you Jack, actually we had an issue with a duplicated entry preventing my colleague from accessing the request. Once we resolved this issue, she was able to edit the request via the portal :)

Murtuza Singapur November 10, 2021

Hi @Katrin

Hope you are doing well.

The ticket raised is by a service desk team member and want to add watcher from service desk customer team, how do we do that and also why cant we @name  the requested participants, can you help me with that?

Thanks

Katrin November 10, 2021

Hi @Murtuza Singapur ,

hm, I don't know why @name should not work in the field "add watcher". For us, all service desk team members and all people registered in the portal by opening a ticket can be selcted from the list... Maybe some configuration issue?

Od do I misunderstand your use case here?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events