Viewing attachments via the customer portal

Chris Headford May 10, 2019

Then a customer or the service desk add an attachment to service desk ticket in the portal it only show the attachment path and does not allow access the the attachment see below

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Capture.PNG

4 answers

0 votes
3layer Gestão Compartilhada August 30, 2021

Just for information, i have the same problem.

I´m trying to use Jira Misc Workflow Extensions or Jira Workflow Toolbox, but i can´t yet. Somebody has done making using some these plugins?

0 votes
Adrien Smondack January 22, 2021

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue: my comment field’s render is set to "Wiki style renderer" but my attachments aren’t visible on the customer portal.

Does someone know how to fix this ?

Best regards,

Joe T. Reyes January 26, 2021

We have the same problem: Field Renderer: Comment = Wiki Style Render but customer portal users cannot see attachments. Please review and advise.

0 votes
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2019

Hi @Chris Headford 

Please chceck workaround from this issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-43

When adding comments to an issue that will be viewed through a Customer Portal, ensure they're added as part of the comment as per https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=attachments, for example:

[^death_star_blueprints.zip]

For more information why this issue is marked as closed, please refer to this comment.

Regards,

Sebastian

Done this it still does not work

Like Jared Carr likes this
Jared Carr May 24, 2019

I added an attachment within a comment to an issue and here is what the customer is seeing in the Customer Portal.  Why aren't they able to see the attachment?

viaComment.jpgAttachment.jpg

Jared Carr May 30, 2019

Here is how I fixed my issue:

The 'Comment' field of your Jira is set to use the text parser instead of the wiki markup parser. Because of this, the comment is not parsed and therefore the image is not embedded into the agent's comment.

In order to fix this, follow the steps below:

1. go to your project settings > fields
  2. click on action > edit fields
  3. click on the field configuration > find the 'Comment' field
  4. click on Renderers and change the render to 'wiki style renderer''
Like Oğuzhan likes this
Chris Headford May 30, 2019

Thanks for this just had the same information from the JIRA support team and yes like it did for you it worked

Like # people like this
Ben Wolstenholme December 18, 2019

mine is already set like this and still doesn't work - just curious though, can you sent 'Comment' to screens - mine says this "This field can not be placed on screens by users."   

Like # people like this
Fuad_Hasanli March 12, 2020

Having same problem as described in this ticket. And Situation as described Ben Wolstenholme. "This field can not be placed on screens by users."   

Like Tim Padgett likes this
0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2019

Hi @Chris Headford 

Working on the fly here but can you ensure attachments field is added to all request types.

Possible this could be the problem.

1. Go to Project settings > Request Types
  2. Edit fields
  3. Add field
  4. Select attachment and save

All of the issue types have attachment field and the permission  is set for the customer portal

Also the customer get the same issues is they attached the attachment themselves.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events