Using Customer Request Type in a Workflow Condition

Hi, 

I am trying to create different Resolved workflow transitions using based on the "Customer Request Type".  I want to make certain fields required for certain Customer Request Types. 

I am using the field value Condition. 

However, I cannot get it to show. 

Has anyone had any experience getting this to work?

image.png

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I am having the same need. I have one workflow, but different request types route slightly differently. Having a hard time making this happen...

me too, don't get the point in why this doesn't work as expected

Hi Michael,

Just to clarify, are you trying to get certain fields to show up on the screen based on the issue type chosen?

If that is the case you're going to need to look into an add-on such as ScriptRunner or Bob Swift CLI.

In addition, since JIRA does not change views based on selection in that manner I would also advise you create a Suggestion at JAC and post the link here so the Community can vote on it.

Cheers,

Branden

I am trying to have specific workflow transitions to show for specific Customer Request Types. We are using different types to handle slight differences in service desk requests. We are also using ServiceDesk Cloud so I don't think those are available to me.

I have the same issue with JSD. Value Field Condition is supposed to work when you give it a condition of String = 'name of the request type', but it's not working.

Hey I think I have a solution for you here. Prerequisite - install Scriptrunner as you will need the ScriptRunner console. Then:

1. create a ticket from the portal form (to later get the Request Type)

2. open script runner and run the following script for that issue

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 10.00.23 PM.png

of course, replace INTSD-50X with the number of your issue. Leave the rest as it is above.

3. See the ID (intsd/something as in your case intsd will be replaced by the ID of your project)

4. go to the validator and select to validate by ID, enter the ID from the script runner result there to represent the Request Type which was used to create the issue in the first place

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 10.07.18 PM.png

Cool, seems to be a workaround...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

9,899 views 9 28
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you