Using Automation plugin, email multiple people via a JQL query?

HH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2017

Hi, 

I need to be able to check whether a customer has responded in 14 days, and if they haven't send them an email. 

I'm using the automation plugin and the initial JQL query I'm using to define this is as follows: 

When: Scheduled
Searches with:
status = "Waiting for customer" AND updated >= -14d AND updated < -15d
every 1 Days

On the actions section that comes list there is the ability to send an email. I need to be able to send an email to all customers who have been returned in the previous search and ask them to update their ticket. Not sure how I can do this as the send email functionality seems to only want to let me send to one pre-defined person? 

Thanks,

Hollie 

1 answer

0 votes
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2019

Hey @HH,

Wanted to present an alternative solution for you that I utilize in my own installation.

We have an SLA set so that when an issue has been transitioned into a state where the customer needs to respond, it kicks off an SLA (8 business hours for us), and then the automation waits for that SLA to breach and sends a follow up email. If they don't respond for another 8 business hours (16 total) another SLA breaches and the automation is programmed to close the issue. 

If this is applicable to your use case and you'd like some more information, let me know!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events