Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User cannot see project

Jeff McAhren April 21, 2018

I'm setting up a Service Desk project for the first time.  I added a test user and logged in as that test user, and I'm getting:  "THIS PROJECT ISN'T AVAILABLE.  It may have been deleted or your permissions may have changed.  View a list of all projects"

If I click View a List of All Projects, it says, "You currently have no projects".

So as an administrator, I have gone through everything I can find, including putting this test user in the "jira-servicedesk-users" group, and in the project, I clicked, Settings, People, Add (Test End User), then under Roles:  checked Service Desk Customers. 

What am I missing?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2018

Kindly check if the user has the browse issues permission through a role, group or user in the project permission scheme. You can find more info here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-project-permissions-776636362.html

Or you can open an issue from the project as an admin and choose admin->permission helper. Enter the user and the browse permission and click the Submit button.

Jonathan Mao September 19, 2019

Hi Alexey ... when I have an issue open, where do I find the option to choose "admin > permission helper"?

When I say open, I mean I click on the issue and a window pops up.

I'm an administrator, using Jira Cloud

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events