Hey my instance was working, then last month i upgraded it. After solving a bunch of problems with that, apparently "jira service desk" is no longer installed?
Lets start with what log is the message referring to? i have looked in both log file locations i know about (C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\log) and (C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\logs) and neither has any logs updated around the time i am performing the install.
Not sure what else to try really. i looked at some forums posts and except one about installing licenses before upgrading (which i did do around the same time, cant remember order of operations) i cant see any commonality.
EDIT: turned on debugging for upgrade under logging and profiling and i get this. cant upgrade because its the same version. but the error does not go away.
2018-01-19 10:04:58,287 UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-4 DEBUG USERNAME 604x1441x1 tulz7m 10.0.1.42 /rest/plugins/1.0/ [c.a.jira.plugin.MasterPluginFactory] Seen plugin artifact 'jira-servicedesk-application-3.9.1.jar'
2018-01-19 10:04:58,334 UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-4 INFO USERNAME 604x1441x1 tulz7m 10.0.1.42 /rest/plugins/1.0/ [c.a.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] No plugins found to be installed
2018-01-19 10:04:58,334 UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-4 DEBUG USERNAME 604x1441x1 tulz7m 10.0.1.42 /rest/plugins/1.0/ [c.a.jira.plugin.MasterPluginFactory] Seen plugin artifact 'jira-servicedesk-application-3.9.1.jar'
2018-01-19 10:04:58,365 UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-4 INFO USERNAME 604x1441x1 tulz7m 10.0.1.42 /rest/plugins/1.0/ [c.a.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Updating plugin 'com.atlassian.servicedesk.application' from version '3.9.1' to version '3.9.1'
2018-01-19 10:04:58,381 UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-4 INFO USERNAME 604x1441x1 tulz7m 10.0.1.42 /rest/plugins/1.0/ [c.a.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] Removed plugin 'com.atlassian.servicedesk.application'
2018-01-19 10:05:01,081 UpmScheduler:thread-3 WARN USERNAME 581x472x1 uz8j32 10.0.0.140 /rest/plugins/1.0/ [c.a.upm.pac.PacClientImpl] Update check request may take longer because of the number of add-ons
With support pointing me in the right direction, i think i was able to solve. I had to shut down jira, then I had to go into SQL server and change all the plugins in the dbo.pluginstate table to be set 'true'
Some were set to 'false'.
When i restarted the server the errors were gone.
Dont know if i need all those enabled, or what it would have been before the last upgrade broke everything, but this does get me going again in my configuration.
so thanks support. they had wanted me to wipe the table and get jira to rebuild it, but i thought that would just create more problems.
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
...word of mouth, so by 2016, we were working with several other entities on campus to implement Jira Service Desk . The Atlassian motto of “for every team” has really come true for us in this case. We...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs