Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete request type if associated issue type no longer exists

Maliha Khan September 24, 2019

My service desk project came with 5-6 issue types. I deleted a whole bunch of them and kept 2. 

Then I went into Project Settings > Request types and tried to delete an existing request type that was mapped to one of the deleted issue types. It shows the delete confirmation popup and shows that it's doing something, but it's just stuck. 

Has anyone else come across this issue? Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2019

Hi Maliha,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Just for us to better understand and help you with this issue, I’ll make some questions:

• As per the details you provided, you are using a classic project, is that correct?
  • Can you open the developer tools on your browser and try to delete the request type? Please, check if it will show some error and send a screenshot to us.
  • Have you completely deleted the issue types on Jira settings > Issues > Issue types or you removed them from the project only?

I tested here on a classic project, and when deleting the issue type, the request type is automatically deleted. On next-gen projects, the issue type and request type are the same, so this error shouldn’t appear.

Looking forward to the details.

Regards,
Angélica

Maliha Khan September 25, 2019

Hi Angelica,

Thanks for your quick response. 

• I'm using the demo project that comes with the SD set up.

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 9.57.32 am.png

• I completely deleted the issue types. 

The odd thing though is that when I go into request types now, the old issue type linking doesn't show anymore. It has linked the request to one of the remaining two issue types. So maybe it just didn't refresh at that time? Although I did try on a new browser window multiple times.

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 9.59.10 am.png

So the issue I was facing seems to have been resolved for now. But could have a deep-rooted cause that you may want to investigate.

Maliha Khan September 25, 2019

Thanks for your help.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2019

Thank you for the details Maliha. 

I tried to replicate this behavior and to be honest with you, I got surprised that the request type was deleted once I deleted the issue type. I thought that it would still appear the request type and I would face the same issue as you. 

When we remove the issue type from the project, we face this issue where the request type can't be removed until you put back the issue type, remove the request type and then remove the issue type again.

If you were still facing the issue, the next steps would be us removing the request type from the database, because even if we create an issue type with the same name, the ID would be different and it wouldn't work.

I'm glad that everything is now working as expected, maybe it just took a while to update this information in the database.

Have a great weekend!

Maliha Khan September 26, 2019

I think you're right. Thanks for your help. I appreciate the quick action you took on this ticket.

I think we're fine to close this ticket for now. 

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events