Unable to 'Schedule' in JIRA Cloud for sheets

Mohammed Malubhoy September 1, 2020

Hello,

I am getting the below error while trying to schedule a query in Google Sheets using the 'JIRA Cloud for sheets' add on.

Please assist.

Thank you.

JIRA Add on error.png

4 answers

1 vote
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2020

Hello @Mohammed Malubhoy ,

This is a known Google Sheets conflict, and stems from multiple account log in order priority causing the app to not know which account to authenticate against due to the browser security protocols to prevent cross site scripting attacks.

The recommendation to solve this is to do one of the following options:

1. The First option is to only be logged into the (whole) browser with just the google account that was used to authorize the add-on 
  2. The second option if you do need to be logged in with multiple accounts is to log out of all accounts, then log into the browser with the Google account used to authorize the add-on first then log in with other google accounts.  What this option does is set the default account to the first one you logged in with and if that is the same as the one used when installing the add-on, it should work as intended.

Regards,
Earl

Mohammed Malubhoy September 2, 2020

Hello @Earl McCutcheon ,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I log in the browser using only one account, the same one used to authorize the add-on. I disconnected the add-on from our site and re-connected too, with the hope it will resolve the issue. However, the issue still persists.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2020

Hey there @Mohammed Malubhoy , @mark.paul-sobral , @Kiran BM ,

Thanks for looking into this one, our Google sheets dev team has been looking into the error you noted and have been able to reproduce it and found the cause. 

We do not have a workaround at this time, but they narrowed it down to the hourly scheduling timeStyle API endpoint triggering the error:

TypeError: Invalid option : timeStyle

The "timeStyle" API is for "datetime" formatting, and the API call stopped working google side.  They are in the process of fixing this one currently and it should be rolled out really soon, however as it's tied to the Google API we do not have a public-facing bug report on this one in our system for this one.  So I will make sure to circle back and update you guys when a fix is rolled out.

Regards,
Earl

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
September 8, 2020

Hello Again,

I just got word from the dev team and we just pushed out v2.3.3 of the google sheets add-on to production that removes the deprecated API check and you should be good to go.

If any error persists uninstall / re-install google sheets to get the latest version and let me know if you are still seeing any additional errors so we can take get you in touch with our support team to take a closer look at your environment to verify this is the same cause.

Regards,
Earl

Mohammed Malubhoy September 8, 2020

@Earl McCutcheon - Truly appreciate your thorough follow up on this. This is working for me now.

@Kiran BM  @mark.paul-sobral  - Guys try and let Earl know if it works for you or not.

mark.paul-sobral September 9, 2020

@Earl McCutcheon  Thank you for your time getting this issue resolved. Just tried it now and it's working beautifully! Keep up the amazing work. :) 

0 votes
Kiran BM September 9, 2020

Working for me as well. Thanks!

0 votes
mark.paul-sobral September 8, 2020

Hey, 

Still having the same issue as well. I have followed the suggestions advised, but with no success. Looking forward to a fix, this has been a great add-on!

[Edit] This is working fine now, thank you very much for sorting it!

0 votes
Kiran BM September 2, 2020

I'm getting the same error, too. It was working fine a few days ago.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events