Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL parameters creating a request on Jira Service Desk portal

Hugo Mora January 10, 2018

Hi,

On Jira you can send parameters for default form values:

It's documented here

Like this:

/secure/CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa?pid=10001&issuetype=1&summary=say+hello+world&reporter=user

My question is: It's possible to do that on Service Desk Portal create form? I didn't find it on documentation.

Thanks a lot,

--Hugo

2 answers

1 vote
Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2018

Hi Hugo,

A URL for a specific Request Type is no problem -- just open the Portal, select the Request Type and copy the link from your browser's URL bar.

Concerning pre-populated fields: it is not possible today (Mar 2018) but there is a Suggestion that you can vote for and watch: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4049

Best

Martin

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2018

That particular article was created well before Jira Service Desk ever existed.  As such Service Desk is built a bit differently.   And in turn Jira (Core) has changed significantly from the time that article was originally created.

To the best of my knowledge there is not a means to create JSD issues in this method.   In addition to that limitation, there are a number of potential security concerns with trying to implement this kind of setup today in Jira.   Particularly the concern of cross-site scripting/forgery presents a real limitation to using that guide today.  

The guide briefly makes note of that and in turn suggests the use of the Jira Software REST API in Jira (or in your case the Jira Service Desk REST API Reference) in order to create issues if you are looking to automate their creation or use scripting of various kinds to do this.

Justin Russell December 19, 2019

I definitely understand there could be some security concerns here, but I honestly think it could be really strict about the content it does (and more importantly doesn't) allow.

I know we have some use cases where this would be incredibly helpful. Consider an account profile page on a SaaS app where you show the usage limits of your current plan. Underneath your usage, there's a link that says "Want more widgets? Contact support." If that could pre-populate a field in a JSD request form with "Widget Quota Increase Request"? Man, that'd be really sweet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events