Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Comment Response Time

Matthew Young November 28, 2018

Hello,

I'm new to the forum so please forgive me if I'm being too vague or I just sound dumb.  I'm doing a project at work in JIRA and my manager wants to try and do the following:

1) When a ticket is open and a question is posted in the comment section a timer is started.

2) The timer stops when the question is answered/another comment is posted.

I've searched a bunch on this forum and regarding SLAs and all I can find is posts related to "Time to First Response" and that doesn't seem to solve my problem. Is what I'm trying to accomplish even possible? Any information is highly appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2018

Hello @Matthew Young,

I don't have a JSD instance in front of me at the moment so I can't test this to confirm but I believe this example is what you want or very near to it.  Take a look and post any follow-up questions and I'll try to answer them ASAP.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/example-creating-an-sla-with-multiple-cycles-732528990.html

If this does answer your question, please click the "Accept Answer" button so others see it's answered in their search results.

Cheers,
~~Larry Brock

Matthew Young November 29, 2018

Hello @LarryBrock

Thank you very much for the document! I will take a look and see if this ends up fixing my problem.

-Matt

Matthew Young November 29, 2018

Hello @LarryBrock

So I'm following the document you sent me, and when I begin to make my selections for "Begin counting time when.." I do not see the option "Enter Status: Waiting for Support" in any of the columns. The options I have are as follows: 

Issue Created
Assignee: From Unassigned
Assignee: To Unassigned
Assignee: Changed
Enter Status: Open
Enter Status: Resolved
Enter Status: Closed
Enter Status: In Progress
Enter Status: On Hold
Enter Status: Reopened
Resolution: Set
Resolution: Cleared
Comment: By Customer
Comment: For Customer

Our main Jira Admin is out of the office this morning, so I was not able to ask his advice before coming here.

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2018

@Matthew Young- I would recommend selecting "Enter Status: Open" and "Comment: by Customer" as your start status.  These need to operate in a "or" fashion (e.g. issue opened, or commented on by customer).

~~Larry

Like # people like this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2018

Hi @Matthew Young - did those selections get the job done?

~~Larry

Matthew Young November 30, 2018

Hi @LarryBrock Sorry for the late reply. I used the following setup for the SLA: 
Start:                                                                   Stop:
Comment: By Customer                                     Comment: For Customer
Entered Status: Open                                         Resolution: Set

Now it's just taking its time recalculating the SLAs. I will report back with the results.

Hey @LarryBrock

Alright, so I started with the setup above but it doesn't seem to work. When a ticket is opened the clock does start (which is good), but when you comment it doesn't stop.  I tried commenting with the "share with customer" option and also "comment internally" but the clock still won't stop.  It will, however, stop the clock when the resolution is set.

I got it!! Well.... Kinda. So I put the start time when an issue was created and had the timer stop when a comment was posted BY or FOR the customer. My main goal is to try and track the time from when someone puts a question in the comment section and stop the timer when someone posts a reply, but I'm going to mark this post as solved.  Thanks @LarryBrock for all your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events