Did you mean: 

Time to Resolution only shows sometimes in Queues

Rajiv Balsavar February 13, 2020

Time to Resolution only displays sometimes in Queue

Here's Resolved issues

Resolved_TimeToResolution.png

And here are the Closed Issues

Closed_TimeToResolution.pngAnd the SLA 

SLA_TimeToResolution.pngI don't understand why the Time to Resolution only shows up sometimes.  If it didn't show at all, I would have suspected that I had an incorrect configuration. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2020

Hi @Rajiv Balsavar 

Do all those requests have an issue type = support

That would be one possible reason for not working for some. 

-Mike

Rajiv Balsavar February 13, 2020

Yes - all these issues are "Support" - thanks

I also tried "Support" and "support" if this was case-senstive

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2020

Hi @Rajiv Balsavar 

Okay, firstly your screenshot SLA is showing Time to Resolution and the rule is not going to calculate time when your request is IN PROGRESS - why do you have that?

Surely you want to know how much time is remaining while a request is IN PROGRESS to gauge how long a task is taking. If you rule out that option, In Pending or Waiting for Customer then there is nothing left to monitor. 

I think that is the problem. Remove the rule Status: In Progress and test. 

-Mike

-Mike

Rajiv Balsavar February 17, 2020

@[deleted] - "In Progress" is used when a Jira ticket is triggered and work is being done in (say) software changes.  I do want the timer paused at this time since there is another timer on the Jira ticket.  After the Jira ticket is closed, the Service Desk ticket is then changed back to Waiting for Support and the ticket progresses.  Just so you know, we have another project with the SLAs calculated in the same way and has no problem calculating the Time to Resolution.

My plan is to do a side-by-side comparison of the two projects in case there's some small detail I missed

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2020

Hi @Rajiv Balsavar 

Side by side, that would be a good idea as you have something to benchmark it off. 

-Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events