Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket assignment using SLA calendar/Business hours

monas November 21, 2019

Hi,

I want to assign tickets to agents who are based out of different timezones. How can I do it using automation?

Also, is there a way we can create a rule which says if the issue is created within the business hours assign to agent A or else assign to agent B? Please let me know if there is a workaround to achieve the same.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2019

if you want to actually assign the issue to a user based upon creation time you will need an addon, e.g. Automation for Jira or other automation addon.

But, consider a solution that does not cost anything. You could simply create multiple Timezone triage queues based upon TOD creation. Then your agents in those timezones must keep their triage queue empty by assigning them. If this is of interest an you need assistance w/ the solution LMK.

monas November 21, 2019

Hi Jack, thanks for the solution. Since I'm a beginner on Jira so can you guide me with steps on how we can create multiple Timezones triage queues based upon TOD creation?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events