Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The two dimensional filter statistics gadget is not showing archived release versions

Deleted user January 27, 2020

I have a filter crafted that pulls all open JIRAs my team is responsible for. We lock (archive) our release versions a couple of weeks before the actual release.  This release version is not showing in the gadget even though the filter is showing that it is pulling all the items.

The filter has 25 items, and the gadget shows a total of 25 items, however in the columns it will not display the 6 items for our Jan 30th release items. It is because the release version is archived; as soon as we un-archived the version temporarily, the gadget displayed as expected.

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2020

Hi @[deleted] ,

The Archive functionality as noted in the "Managing versions"  is designed to be a semi transparent view into the old versions when flagged as archived, and the intended functionality is to hide an old version from the Change Log and reports to avoid the added noise in the Jira User Interface.

The Feature is intended for inactive version where you no longer need the data on in the current reports.  I would recomend leaving the versions unarchived in the released status until after the completion date, and once the data is no longer relevant to future planning.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events