The number of the "closed requests" in the "customers list" is wrong.

The used filter counts issues with "NOT resolution = Unresolved" resolutions, but also issues with "resolution = Not Started" are counted.
83/5000
I do not see the possibility of changing the count: the filter is hidden at the admin.

thank you

Luca Bellomi

3 answers

0 votes
Christoph Thomas Community Champion Aug 04, 2017

Hey sounds like a bug, are you using JIRA Server or Cloud? In any case, contacting the Atlassian Support seems most appropriate here as you can't change the query in the JIRA UI.

Cheers

Christoph

0 votes
Susan Hauth Community Champion Aug 04, 2017

Hi Luca,

That's really strange.  I looked at our service desk and the jql on the closed issues comes up as this:

reporter in organizationMembers("Test User Group") AND NOT resolution = Unresolved AND project = SUPTEST AND "Customer Request Type" is not EMPTY

What does yours look like?

Susan

0 votes

Erm

You say:  The used filter counts issues with "NOT resolution = Unresolved" resolutions, but also issues with "resolution = Not Started" are counted.

Yes.  The issues that have "resolution = Not Started" ARE resolved.  You've told JIRA they are resolved.

I do not understand .. "resolution = not started" is not "resolved" and in the administrative area "Issue Attributes -> Resolutions" this setting is not possible

Yes it is.

Let me put it this way.  When you created the "not started" resolution, how did you tell JIRA that this resolution is not a resolution?

Answer is that you did not.  Because it is a resolution.

When you set the resolution field on an issue to anything, the issue is resolved.  It doesn't matter if you use the words "not resolved", "unresolved", "not done", "not started", or for that matter "penguin" or "arglefloop".  You have put something in the field, so the issue is resolved.

Okay but I do not see where I could tell Jira that resolution is not resolved

That is the point.  You don't.

If you set any resolution, you are telling JIRA the issue is resolved.  The text you put in there is irrelevant.  You need to leave the field empty on unresolved issues. 

Your "not started" is a resolution, so the issues with it are resolved.

Ok, now i understand!.. Thanks a lot for your help

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

773 views 5 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot