Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start SLA based on value of field

Esther Strom March 1, 2019

We're pretty new to Service Desk, although longtime Jira users. We've got our service desk project set up, and have added SLA's for most of our request types.

We have one request type, though, that needs something slightly different. For this particular request, there's a Due Date field that our customers will fill out. Work towards this ticket literally cannot begin until that due date.

Is there any way to set up an SLA for this request type that doesn't start until today = Due Date?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2019

Hi Esther,

The difficulty is making it trigger on due date.  I would suggest that you would need an add-on like Automation for Jira that runs each day, checking on the due date field and when it hits the due date, force a transition on the issue.   Then your SLA could start off that transition.

Otherwise, I'm not sure how to do it OOB.

Hope that helps

Susan

Esther Strom March 1, 2019

Thanks. I was pretty sure there wasn't a native way to do it, but was hoping to be proved wrong. At this point, add-ons are not an option, but I will keep that one in mind for future reference.

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 28, 2019

Hi @Esther Strom 
You can try our app SLA Time and Report for Jira Cloud.
Using this app you can configure SLA Timer by Issue Type, Priority and any other standard or custom field (like Start date, Change start date, Created, Date of First Response, Last Viewed, Updated etc.)
But please note, this add-on counts SLA time for issues from Service Desk, but cannot configure it.

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events