Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skipped e-mails in IMAP account

Reto Schläpfer October 29, 2019

We use an IMAP Mailbox to receive requests from emails. This works fine, However we have a Zendesk instance for another support channel. It can happen that an email is sent to the wrong channel and we would like to forward the email to Service Desk.

These forwarded emails get ignored by Service Desk. We assume it's because of the

Auto-Submitted: auto-generated 

header that Zendesk applies to the emails. It is impossible to prevent that in Zendesk.

I have the ability to manipulate the mails in the mailbox (add headers and so on) however, I'm not able to touch the Auto-Submitted header.

Is there any way I can force Service Desk to pick up a Mail as a Service Desk request?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2019

Hello @Reto Schläpfer

Sorry to hear you are facing this problem.

Indeed, the Global Processor Puller of JIRA Service desk will reject all e-mails where the Auto-Submitted header has a value different from "no", as mentioned in this documentation.

Today, we don't have a way to change that setting in JIRA SD, however, we understand how this feature would be useful and have created a feature request to get it implemented:

As an admin I want the ability to configure the *Bulk Settings* used by the Service Desk mail handler 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

For now, the only suggestion we can offer you would be to change the header of the e-mail before sending it to Service Desk.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events