Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up emails channel in JIRA Service Desk

Henriette Bossen March 20, 2018

Hi,

I am setting up an email channel, but have run into an issue with: 

Invalid email address. Use letters, numbers, periods and underscores.

That is because our email adress has the format: email@email.com\email

So it won't accept the \. Is there anyway to get around this? The email adress is formated that way, due to access restriction. I am not able to access to email adress without \email. 

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2018

huh, I've never seen a domain with that format in an email address.  Looking into https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_address indicates that you can't use the "\" character in the domain section of an email address.   I suspect that Jira is conforming to the RFC standard here in regards to the valid formats for email addresses, so I doubt there is any way to configure this otherwise in Jira without rewriting a fair bit of code.

But I am not inclined to try to resolve this by altering Jira's code.  What kind of email system is this?

Henriette Bossen March 22, 2018

We are a company with very strict security measures, and it is a very specific way of getting access to a mailbox (the domain itself does not contain \, but to access it from outside we have to use it, and cannot avoid it).

But thank you for the reply Andrew

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events