Setting default Priority for new tickets

Michael Lewis August 16, 2017

I found a article that said to go to RequestType>>RequestItem>>EditFields

Hide the Priority attribute to get access to set the default priority. When I do that and users create a ticket, the Priority attribute value is not what I set it to. How do I fix that?

2 answers

1 vote
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2017

Hi Michael,

Make the priority field "required".  And then hide it from the screen.  That will then ensure that the priority will take your set value.

Susan

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2017

Hi Michael,

Is Priority a required field?  Do you  have a screen shot of request types - edit fields screen?

Did you check the workflow to ensure that the priority isn't being set as a post-function?

Just some ideas to trouble shoot. 

Susan

Michael Lewis August 17, 2017

The field is not required. I have attached an example of one of the ones that didn't work.

2017-08-17 13_20_45-Set a preset value to hide this field - JIRA.png2017-08-17 13_21_27-Password Reset_Account Unlock - Grimsby IT Help Desk - Service Desk.png

I am using the default workflow. I didn't see anything referencing priority.

Thanks,

Michael.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events