Set field when issue created by email in Service Desk?

I want a specific custom field set to a specific value when a request is created in service desk by mail. Anyone have any ideas as to how to do this? 

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Did anyone ever find a way to get the request-channel-type into a post function? I have a script that is intended to take the description field and parse it to set fields. I sent clients an email template to follow and it works perfectly but, when clients create issues through the portal or we create issues internally then the description is getting stripped out.

You should be able to amend the Service Desk workflow so that on Issue Creation, the custom field is updated with the value you choose. This is by way of setting a Post Function on the Issue Creation action - I believe the option is to "Update Issue Custom Field".

Yes, I thought about that. But how do I know the create event was triggered by an email handler?

You may be able to leverage the request-channel-type property somehow. We use it in JQL (substitute portal for email of course)

issue.property[request.channel.type].value = portal

There is another question that references the property being used on creation in groovy scripts, something I have no experience with but you also may find more helpful. 

access to Issueproperty "request.channel.type" from groovy

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

9,153 views 9 28
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you