I have several questions about licenses on Service Desk:
1. Does admin role of Service Desk acquired an "Agent License" or it doesn't count?
2. Does "Approvers" have to be agent licensed?
3. Customers - can they add comments to open issues?
Hi @Leonid Kopylov,
welcome to the community.
1) With the Admin it is a bit tricky. An admin does not need application access (a license), but then the Admin will only be able to create a project. The Admin will neither be able to view the project nor to use it. If the Admin should be able to do that, you will have to give the admin application access.
2) No, Approvers do not need application access.
3) Yes, customers can add comments by using the portal. But they will only see the issues created by themself or that were shared with them.,
There are two portals in Service Desk. One is Service Portal which are using by the Service-desk Agents, Admins to configure and manage the projects, other one is customer portal where user can update the requests like adding comments, approving the requests.
The user who access the service portal needs license and users who access only customer portal are not required licenses.
Hope this help you.
Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events