Service Desk Filter Version by Organization

Andre Schäfer June 14, 2018

Hi,

we've installed Jira ServiceDesk 3.13.0 on Jira Software 7.10.0.

Our company has multiple Clients, which are organized in Jira Service Desk Organization with their own Version of our Software.

We don't want to create 100+ projects for our customers, where every customer has its own project with his own versions.

Is there any way to restrict shown versions in "affects version" Field for her own organization?

Another possible way to display only Versions for the customer is:

We could name our versions like our customer, like Version called "CustomerX 1.0", "CustomerX 1.1", "CustomerY 1.0" etc. And our Organization would be called "CustomerX", CustomerY", so it could be filtered. But I don't know how to do this.

We have Automation for Jira, Scriptrunner, and Jira Misc Workflow Extensions Plugins installed.

Thank you in advance

André

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2018

@Andre Schäfer, I'm a bit confused here. Versions aren't associated w/ customers but rather products, right? So if all 100 customers are associated w/ the same products then the versions theoretically apply. Certainly not all customers will have or want all versions.

I'm sure I'm missing some detail here. One thing to consider is that you could create a custom field of type cascading list and manage version differences there, e.g.

Product A (or customer a): v1.0, v1.0.1, v2.1, etc

product b (or customer b): v1.5, v1.6, etc.

etc.

Andre Schäfer June 14, 2018

Hi @Jack Brickey,

I'm sorry, yes there is something missing, sorry!

We have 1 base product where all of our customers use. But all these customers has different modifications of this product so they does not share the same version number.

Customer A (some modification) has v1, v1.1, v1.1.1, v2.0, v2.0.1 etc

Customer B (some other modification) has v1, v1.2, v1.3, v1.3.3 etc

We could rename version names to

CustomerA v1, CustomerA v1.1, CustomerA v1.1.1 etc

CustomerB v1, CustomerB v1.2, CustomerB v1.3, CustomerB v1.3.3 etc

If possible, we could filter this on affects version selecting field by Organization names where our Organization are called "CustomerA", CustomerB" etc.

Is this possible?

Thank you!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2018

you can name the versions whatever you want for sure. I find this messy but if it works for you go for it. The process I was proposing is IMO cleaner BUT you loose the capabilities of releases built into Jira.

André June 15, 2018

Hi @Jack Brickey

I'm sorry, I think there is a mistake.

With a cascading list every customer in Service Desk can select every version of other customers. We need an option, where every customer only can see his own versions with a filter.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2018

Ah, now I see. This is for the customer to manipulate not the agents. Sorry I missed that. I don’t know of any manner of controlling what the customer sees on the portal by the Organization they are in OOTB. I would recommend search the marketplace to see if anything exists. 

Andre Schäfer June 16, 2018

@Jack Brickey

Thank you for your help

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events