Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Customer Portal Customization

Joe August 20, 2018

Hello, I'm new to using Jira Service Desktop Cloud and I have a question about customizing the Service Desk Portal.  Currently, users need to select from the drop down 'How Can Service Desk help you today?' then they can select a Group, and a Request Type from that group.  Then they can complete the form and submit their request.

We only have 2 groups and 4 total request types.  I would prefer that they are all listed directly on the service desk portal home page.  Almost all of our users will be selecting from 2 Request Types (Incident or Service Request), so having them choose a group is confusing.  

It would also be nice to add a link to My Requests directly on the home page, so they don't have to click a menu to find this option.

screenshot.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe August 20, 2018

For now I just removed our second group, so all request types are in a single group.  This made it so our request types will be displayed when they click the menu.  I'd still prefer to get rid of the need to click on this menu.  Is it possible to have the request types be shown directly on the customer portal home page?

2.jpg

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2018

Joe,

Have you thought about just sending the to the JIRA service desk and not the Help Center (Top Level).  If you send them to service desk then you will have all the features you are asking for.  If that is not an option you should explore Refined Themes plugin for JIRA Service Desk.  This will allow you to change the theme and customize it to your liking.

Thanks
Brant

Joe September 7, 2018

Hey Brant,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm not sure what you mean though.  I'm currently sending them to: https://companyname.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals  Are you saying there is another portal they can use with more options?

Thanks!

Joe

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2018

Joe,

If you go to the service desk level in the portal it functions how you would like it to. The url should be something like this: https://companyname.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals/52

You can access the service desk portal url by going to the service desk and using the raise a request feature. At the top of the raise a request it should have a URL For Customers that you can click.

Thanks
Brant

Joe September 12, 2018

Thanks Brant, I don't see very many customization options there either.  I will checkout the add on.

Joe September 12, 2018

Refined themes looked great, but it is not available for the cloud version of Jira.  Are you aware of any cloud extensions that would let us customize the portal?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2018

I am not aware of any.  You can only make minor changes like logo, color, etc. in cloud.

Genevieve (Refined Partner Manager) September 20, 2018

Hi Joe and Brant, 

Just chiming in here as I work for RefinedWiki (creators of apps to customize Atlassian platforms) and can confirm that we do have a customization product for Jira Service Desk Cloud. It is called RefinedSites for Jira Service Desk Cloud

From what I understand this app will meet your requirements :)

1. Listing request types on the help center (front page). You can do this using our inbuilt layout editor and the included content modules. The result would look something like the following: 

Screenshot 2018-09-20 16.58.00.png

(Side note, on a customer portal, we have a module called "request types" which automatically adds the request types to the page, but on the help center you will need to add them manually). 

2. “My Requests” can be displayed directly on the help center. This is also a module you can choose to display on the help center or on a customer portal. We also include a requests button in the top right hand corner.

My-requests-on-helpcenter-refined-sites-jsd.png 

3. Two other bonus features you might like consider are
1) recommended links
; and,
2) custom domains.

For recommended links: your JSD agents can add links to anywhere on the web.

For custom domains: you can use your own domain as the JSD Cloud portal URL.

You can read more info about this on our RefinedSites documentation: https://docs.refinedwiki.com/display/RS

If you get stuck you're of course welcome to reach out to our support: support.refinedwiki.com

Hope this helps!

Like Šimek Miroslav likes this
Joe September 25, 2018

That is exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events