Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Customer Portal Customization with customer-specific confluence page

Kate Willemain January 3, 2018

Along with access to the knowledge base from the customer portal, I'd like to allow each customer signed up with access to the service desk to also access a confluence page specific to their organization.  it would be used to allow all users of that organization to access documents or notes available to only their organization.  Is this possible in the customer portal or is this a different module?  Since the service desk allows the data entry of organizations and customers within them, it would seem natural that it would be part of the same application, but I do not see how to associate organizations with a confluence page.  Any information is appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Rob Fea October 25, 2018

I'm pretty shocked that this isn't possible. And sad. Please vote for this suggestion: CONFCLOUD-64798

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2018

They will need  to log in to Confluence in order to do what you want. This means that they will need a valid Confluence license. Permissions would be a mess if you allow self-signup. If you manage the accounts, you would need to create a group for each org and add the appropriate users to that group. If you set up Confluence to connect to Jira as it' user server, this is all pretty easy to do.  When you create the page for each organization, you can simply add a Page Restriction to it and allow the corresponding org's group read or read/write access, as appropriate. The Space that the organization pages live in will need to be accessible by all logged in users.

The only way to get a "free customer" Confluence license is via the knowledge base feature in Jira Service Desk, though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events