Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service API custom field not valid for a Request type

Ramiro Castro October 27, 2017

{"errorMessage":"Unable to create request because of theses errors : The field 'customfield_<id>' is not valid for this request type '<requesttype> '.","i18nErrorMessage":{"i18nKey":"sd.request.create.error.failed.msg","parameters":["The field 'customfield_<id>' is not valid for this request type '<requesttype>'

Even though the field configuration and screens are configured for the request type for that custom field. Has anyone run into this?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2017

Hi Ramiro,

Since this is Service Desk, it is possible that this custom field exists on both the field configuration and the screen, but each request type in service desk can also specify which custom fields appear for that specific request type.  

So I would want to first check that the request type actually has that specific custom field set to appear there.   You can do this by going to the project administration page in question, select the Request Type link from the left navigation menu, find that request type here and click the Edit Fields link:

editfields.png

From there add this field to that request type.   Provided that field is on the screen in question, you should be able to add it to that request type.  You should then be able to supply a value to that field at the time this request is created.

If that isn't the problem here, could you please share with us some more details about the specific REST call syntax you are using here so that we might be better able to understand and replicate this behavior.

Thanks,

Andy

Ramiro Castro November 18, 2017

Thanks Andrew. I figured it out it before I read this was an issue with the request type being available on the customer portal. Since the API is creating the request as if you were a customer the field needs to be available to customers on the associated JSD Customer portal. 

Ramiro Castro November 18, 2017

That was it figured it out before I read this. Solved. Makes sense as the API call creates an issue on behalf of a customer. So the field would have to be available to the customer.

Tell everyone in C4L I said hi!

0 votes
Micah Harley May 23, 2018

One way to work around this issue is with timing on when Request Type is set. I was trying to create a Service Desk Request with someone else as the reporter. Since you cannot expose the Reporter field to the customer, I chose to call the ticket creation without a Request Type. Once the correct reporter is in, you can update the Request Type with another call or with automation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events