Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seperate JSD and Core lisences

roger_alling December 13, 2019

Hello, a quick question.

We have a Servicedesk for recieving issued from eksternal sources, theese issues are divided to a set amount of teams. Each team has a leader who has a agent user in JSD, he/she will then be the "Assignee" and will be responsible to organizing resources, closing issued ect. The plan is that any other in-house resource is to be added with "Requested Participants" and they can then communicate using Internal comments. The "RR"'s are basicly only going to interract with a issue with comments and will not be making any changes to it. Ive already discovered that unlicensed users cannot see or make internal comments, thus needing a uppgrade, however I do not wish for them all to be agents. Could I buy a seperate set of Core lisences (like say we have 25 JSD lisences and I want 25 Core lisences instead of 50 JSD licenses). My plan then is to set a automation where all "Requested Participants" are set as "Watchers" in each issue their added to.

Would this work?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2019

Hi @roger_alling , 

yes it's possible to add some of your team members as Jira Core users, this is called "Collaborator" in Atlassian documentation : they will be able to view the Service Desk issues, comment internally, watch it, and add attachments. 

You can have a look at the documentation page : https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedesk/collaborator-660967501.html

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

roger_alling December 13, 2019

Hello, thank you, that did help :)

But I am having some issues with the permission.

Based on a article I read I placed a test user in the "Service Desk Team" project group and gave it core license. Now the following happens.

• I add the user as "Request Participant", they get a email with a link to the case.
  • I add a comment and post it as "internal"
  • The user does not get a email about this and when they click the RP link they do not see the comment.
  • I add a comment and start it with @"testuser". I post it as "Internal".
  • The user gets a e-mail about the message, but if they click their "RP" link they still dont see it.
  • The user posts a comment using the "RP" link. It becomes a public comment.
  • The user clicks the RP link and then clicks the issue number on top.
  • They now get a completely different window and can now see both internal comments. When the user tries to send a comment in this windows it is locked to "Internal" (We have Jira Doublechecker btw).
  • If they click "Queues" they see all issues in the project and see all internal comments, including in issues they are not RP in.

What I want is.

• When a user gets the RP e-mail, they get the link to the second window, where do I modify this?
  • They are informed of all Internal messages in cases they are RP in.
  • They cannot access issues they are not RP/Watcher/Assignee or in another way included in.

How would I go about doing this?

(sorry for going a bit off-topic)

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2019

Hi @roger_alling , 

you're mixing up Participants (they are customers, so only access the Service Desk portal) and Watchers (they have a licence to access Jira, so they see the Agents side : the queues and issues raised by customers).

You can find more about Participants here : https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/adding-request-participants-939926441.html.

So basically your team leader (the one with the Agent role because he has e Service Desk license) will need to add as Watcher the internal ressources that will take a look at the issue.

If you want to block people from seeing other queues or tickets, this should be done in the Permissions Schemes.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events