Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending notifications from alias email

Guillermo Rosas December 18, 2017

Hi there, I would like to attend customer through 2 channels, so I have configured two emails: "support@servicedesk.com" and "info@servicedesk.com" the first one is the main address and the second one is an alias, each email channel is attended by two different areas from the company.

So, when the customer sends an email to any of the two address configured, It is automatically set to the appropriate queue (I have set an automatic rule that separates each channel).

So, the problem is when I responded the email, it always goes out from the main email: "support@servicedesk.com". but I would like that the email who receive the issue should be the same email that responses the customer, (in that case should be the alias: "info@servicedesk.com").

Can anybody help me in this case?

PD: I have Jira ServiceDesk Software.

Regards

1 answer

1 vote
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2017

Hi Guillermo,

If I understood your question correctly go Project Settings -> Notifications and change this email to the one you need:

Clip2net_171219135331.png

Guillermo Rosas December 19, 2017

Dear Ivan,

Thanks for your suggestion,

I have configurated two emails on ServiceDesk, a main email "support@company.com" and an alias "info@company.com", each one carries out a specific function, one is for technical support and the other one is for selling and give information to future customers.

So, the problem is, when someone creates a case sending an email to the alias (info@company.com), the ServiceDesk responses through the main email (support@company.com), I would like to know a way to set with the condition that the email receiver (the main or the alias) has to be the email that sends the notification (the main or the alias).

Regards.

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2017

So in effect, regardless of what email your customers are writing to, their replies end up in the same service desk (project)? If this is the case then does it really matter from which of the two email they recieve your notifications? 

In any case Jira can only send notifications from one email address per project and can't change it conditionally. Unless there's a 3rd party addon that can somehow do it, but I'm not aware of any.

Fabrizio Galletti _Getconnected_ September 13, 2018

Enterprise mail handler

Email this issue 

They have this features

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events