Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Email

Vadym Kalujny July 1, 2020

Good afternoon

How to send emails from support@creditkasa.ua and not from jira@ukf.atlassian.net

How should I do it?

image.pngimage.png

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2020

Hello @Vadym Kalujny , welcome to the Community!

The first step in sending email from your domain is verifying your domain ownership. This can be done at admin.atlassian.net and involves modifying some DNS records in your domain. Often Jira administrators don't have these permissions at their company, so be aware that you may need to get assistance from an IT administrator to make the changes on the DNS side.

Since there are multiple steps to the process, I will point to you at the documentation for the specific instructions: Configuring Jira Cloud to send emails on behalf of your domain 

If you need help with a specific step, I'm happy to assist!

Cheers,
Daniel

Vadym Kalujny July 2, 2020

Hi

Hi @Daniel Eads thank you !

One more questione

Hi @Daniel Eads  thank you!

One more questione

I'am trying to add a custom email account https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/add-an-email-account/  but gives me an error message "[authentication failed] Invalid credentials  (Failure) " 

What am I doing wrong?

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2020

Looks like Gmail may throw this error if the CAPTCHA has been tripped on the account. The most common way to clear this is by logging in to the account in Gmail from a browser, and solving a CAPTCHA if prompted while logging in. This should 'clear' the account if that's the problem.

Another thing that might be helpful if you have 2 factor authentication available is creating an app-specific password for Jira to use .

Vadym Kalujny July 6, 2020

@Daniel Eads 

Thank you.

It's working.

0 votes
Vadym Kalujny July 1, 2020

image.pngimage.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin