Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenshots in JIRA Service Desk Customer Portal

Kristy English October 27, 2013

Hi there,

I am in the process of setting up JIRA Service Desk for an internal Help Desk and I was wondering if there is a way to paste a screenshot into a request using the cusomter portal?

I know there is an option to have an Attachment field on the Portal form but I was hoping there was a way to add a screenshot without the User having to save it first (similar to pasting it into an email as they do now)?

Thanks in advance!

Kristy

13 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
E.L. Fridge
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2013

Service Desk is really just a front-end for JIRA. JIRA handles screenshots as attatchments, so Service Desk takes a similar approach. There is currently no way to paste a screenshot into the description field (or whatever it's called on your form).

The technical answer:

It's possible to paste an image into an email because your email client has a WYSIWYG editor that can handle HTML and multiple MIME types when sending a message. Because the forms in the customer portal are implemented as simple textarea fields, this is not possible.

I find it somewhat ironic, however, that the form I am typing this answer into right now IS an HTML editor that DOES allow me to paste in a screenshot.

Kristy English October 29, 2013

That makes sense.

Thank you for the detailed answer!

3 votes
jon-paul cameron September 8, 2014

this would be a perfect enhancement for issues being logged via the Portal - makes no sense not to have this functionality given the amount of problems logged where we could save the end client time from having to "save" the screenshot and then attach. Please advise!

2 votes
David Di Blasio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2015

I know this is an old thread, however, I wanted to leave the feature request here in case someone else stumbles across this post like I did.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-725

1 vote
Roland Spinner November 29, 2016

I also vote for this feature.

In my opinion it is a must have!

1 vote
IT Administrator June 15, 2015

Is there a way to provide a button "Attach a screenshot" in customer portal like we can allow them to attach an attachment? It doesn't look very well if the feature exist but we cannot use it in a place where we really need this.

Thanks.

Alex.

0 votes
Michael Crawford March 3, 2019

I exepted this to be a standard feature. Creating images and attaching them is sooooo slow. Emails do it, so why cant the wysiwyg editor do it!

Please ehance this....

0 votes
Thomas W. November 29, 2016

This is still not working.

0 votes
Daniel Odd July 13, 2015

The work to get this done is https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-725 please go and vote for that issue if it is affecting you, it will help with priority, if its just something nice to have and not mission critical just hold on and I am sure it will be along soon enough...

0 votes
Manfred Hanenkamp July 12, 2015

Oh yes, I truly appreciate a more proper screenshot support!

thx Kristy

0 votes
Daniel Odd July 12, 2015

This feature would be great smile

0 votes
Matt November 24, 2014

I also vote for this feature.

0 votes
Jackie Waddell June 4, 2014

Are there any plans to make this an enhancement? I would like to see this feature as well.

0 votes
Jackie Waddell June 4, 2014

Are there any plans to make this enhancment later? I would like to see this feature as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events