Scheduling in Service Desk

I'm looking for a mechanism that would allow for easy scheduling of in person appointments from a service desk project.

The generic use case is: a customer emails us to get help with their office desktop (we're an IT shop) and we want to send a technician out to meet them in person. Right now we ask them to call us to set up an appointment and someone has to manage the google calendar. Ideally there would be some sort of mechanism that would allow the customer to select an appointment time via the portal.

I've looked around for an add-on, but can't seem to find anything. Does anyone have a recommendation or know whether or not this is possible with service desk? 

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Eleanor,

That's actually quite possible. Create a date/time type custom field and add it to the request form on your portal. You can even go as far as making it mandatory for your customers, so that every time they raise a support ticket they'll have to fill this field out before they can submit their request.

More info on setting up your request types is here.

Hi Ivan,

Interesting solution! Do you know if there is there a way to have that validate against a calendar of open appointment slots? I worry that letting them select any date/time without the validation would result in confusion and we'd still have to manually validate against a Google calendar and follow-up with folks who selected times/date that aren't available.

Thanks,

Eleanor

Ivan Tovbin Community Champion Jan 03, 2018

Not out of the box, no. I suppose some 3rd party addons can probably do something like that.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

9,654 views 9 28
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you