Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling in Service Desk

Eleanor Hart December 4, 2017

I'm looking for a mechanism that would allow for easy scheduling of in person appointments from a service desk project.

The generic use case is: a customer emails us to get help with their office desktop (we're an IT shop) and we want to send a technician out to meet them in person. Right now we ask them to call us to set up an appointment and someone has to manage the google calendar. Ideally there would be some sort of mechanism that would allow the customer to select an appointment time via the portal.

I've looked around for an add-on, but can't seem to find anything. Does anyone have a recommendation or know whether or not this is possible with service desk? 

3 answers

1 vote
Filip Kohout August 24, 2022

Hi, it's been a while since the original post. How do you plan on onsite service at the customer?

Lauren Sheehan October 26, 2022

Our team is looking for something similar as well. A way for customers to view our availability and schedule a virtual call (zoom or teams).

1 vote
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2017

Hi Eleanor,

That's actually quite possible. Create a date/time type custom field and add it to the request form on your portal. You can even go as far as making it mandatory for your customers, so that every time they raise a support ticket they'll have to fill this field out before they can submit their request.

More info on setting up your request types is here.

Eleanor Hart January 2, 2018

Hi Ivan,

Interesting solution! Do you know if there is there a way to have that validate against a calendar of open appointment slots? I worry that letting them select any date/time without the validation would result in confusion and we'd still have to manually validate against a Google calendar and follow-up with folks who selected times/date that aren't available.

Thanks,

Eleanor

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2018

Not out of the box, no. I suppose some 3rd party addons can probably do something like that.

Gerald Onuorah February 11, 2019

Hi What are the third party addons that can achieve this?

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2019
Eleanor Hart February 14, 2019

Thanks, Ivan! This is the closest I've seen to what we need. I really wish YouCanBookMe would write a Jira Service Desk app!

At this point I think we're going to go with YouCanBookMe and try to figure out ways to gracefully combine the two products without a direct integration. I think if our agents respond to requests with a link to our BookMe site and we try to make it match the look and feel of our Help Center as much as possible, then it shouldn't be too jarring of an experience for our customers. I hope :)

PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2020
Eleanor Hart January 21, 2020

Thanks, Phil! One of our programmers ended up writing a custom solution using the JSD and YCBM APIs. It doesn't provide the end user UI we were hoping for but it gets the data where it needs to be and so far sending folks to a different URL to do their actual booking hasn't been that burdensome. 

0 votes
Darshanaa _ServiceRocket_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 7, 2024

Hi there @Eleanor Hart ,

Hope all is well. I recently came across this question and I'm happy to say that our team is in the midst of implementing something very similar to your ask above.

We currently have a prototype of this idea and would love to hear your thoughts/feedback on our prototype. 

Please let me know if you/your team would be interested to test it out.

Thanks & have a great day! :)

Adam Kassoff March 8, 2024

@Darshanaa _ServiceRocket_  My company is also in the IT sector with a similar use case and would be very interested in seeing the prototype. 

Darshanaa _ServiceRocket_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 11, 2024

Hi @Adam Kassoff 

That's great! I'd love to get in touch and chat more on this. Could you please provide me with your contact information so that I can email you the details?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events