Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA time running even when criteria for stop are met

Jacek Choroszewicz September 11, 2019

Hey folks!

So, I've been fighting with JIRA Service Desk for a while now and setting SLA's keeps surprising me all the time. Even when it comes to basics.

I have quite normal SLA (Time to response):

Start rules -> Comment: By Customer or Issue Created

Stop -> Comment: For Customers OR Entered status: Resolved

I have additional rules -> Pause on Status: Closed and Status: Resolved (I've wanted to mitigate the time running for old issues).

Now, I have a specific customer ticket and my SLA keeps running even though the criteria are met. And I'm completely baffled about the reasons behind it. The SLA helper on hover informs me that the issue is matched to "All remaining issues" (which have 2 hour target) and properly identifies the criteria to be met (Runs until: Entered Status: Resolved / Comment: For Customers). I have already commented (publicly to customers) twice in the meantime and the clock just keeps ticking.

Any idea what do I do wrong?

Cheers,
Jacek

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Well, after a bit of fiddling around I've found the answer. It seems that the criteria Comment: For Customers isn't met if the user that have commented the issue publicly is also a requested participant. In this case JIRA Service Desk goes wild and - for some reason - decides that the comment was made as a participant and therefore is not properly ending the SLA.

I would suggest as an improvement to match the commenting user against Service Desk Agents pool or Assignee first - if the commenting user is a member of Service Desk Agents/assignee then it should stop the SLA.

It's especially annoying when You have selected the option to include every added e-mail address as request participant. Your Service Desk Agent may be added as those if Your customer also added Your Service Desk Agents on CC which flips the SLA without any reason in particular.

Nevertheless - thanks @Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_ for trying to help! :)

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

@Jacek Choroszewicz  ,

SO there is a bug for SLA not pausing on participant commenting:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-3504

And seems like a good idea that Atlassian opened up the ability to add a reporter as a participant in this issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-5168

I would recommend you comment in on #3504 and let them know your scenario.

Susan

Thanks for pointing me out there! I've already voted for the issue and commented as well.

With regards,
Jacek

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

Hi Jacek,

Perhaps you can post your rules into this thread.  Question are you a "customer" as well as an agent?  Because your rule might be confusing that and then unable to do the pause. 

Susan

Sorry, I cannot attach screenshot :( All the rules are written down in opening post but I can quote them here:

Start rules -> Comment: By Customer or Issue Created

Stop -> Comment: For Customers OR Entered status: Resolved

Pause on -> Status: Closed and Status: Resolved
(I've wanted to mitigate the time running for old issues).

And no, I am not a Customer as well, I'm only an Agent in this Service Desk.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2019

Your Pause on "Status: Resolved" and stop on "Entered status: Resolved" is going to cause problems.  Since that's the same condition.

I think it is different condition (one implies being in the status, the second fires up when status is changed) but I can try and change that.

Even though, I doubt that will help 'cause neither it is on pause nor stopped counting. But I'll give it a try and come back here if this won't help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events