Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA reset - Client update

WasimBuden March 11, 2020

Hi,

I am new to Atlassian and looking for help on configuring SLA.

Requirement: We are trying to setup an SLA (basically a OLA for internal teams), wherein we are trying to track tickets where customer updates are due. Example:

1. Client opens a P1 ticket -> we have a commitment to send updates everyone hour.
2. Engineer picks the ticket and sends a update to client between 0-60minutes and the SLA is met. But the trigger for the next update between 60-120 minutes should trigger.

Ideally the SLA condition should reset. I tried all possible conditions and options no luck.

I am able to setup SLA and meet it once but not able to create repeat cycles. But for any support organization this is very crucial and very basic as we are gauged on our response SLA to the tickets.

Checked this link : https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/example-creating-an-sla-with-multiple-cycles-939926419.html This doesn’t help, why – This works when specific status is set, but what if a engineer follow the process?

All that we need is a mechanism where, SLA is met and reset. Possible? Any suggestion on this is much appreciated.

1 answer

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2020

Hello @WasimBuden

Thank you for reaching out.

I understand you need to create an SLA that would be reset every time your team sends a comment/update to the customer, starting the counter again. Is that correct?

Indeed, the own internal Atlassian support portal works with this possibility, where we use a status change to give updates to the customers. Allow me to provide you how we implemented this scenario:

1 - Under project settings > Workflows, configure a workflow status to update the customer with a comment screen, allowing every single workflow status to transition to that one. The status would be called "Issue update"

2 - In the same workflow, configure a transition to move the issues from "Issue update" back to the "In progress" status, where the Agent will keep working in the issue:

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 11.01.40.png

3 - Configure an automation rule under (project settings > Automation) that will properly set the issue back to the status "In progress" as soon as the issue is transitioned to "Issue update". 

Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 18.07.47.png

4 - Configure a new SLA metric (Under project settings > SLAs) to stop when the issue is transitioned to "Issue update" or any other status you want, but starting again when it gets to the "In progress" status or when the issue is created:

Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 18.07.35.png

With the steps applied above, the SLA will properly reset every time you click to update the issue using the status you created. When you must send the customer any comment that is not an update and should not reset the SLA, you can simply click to add a comment.

Additionally, you also have the option mentioned in the documentation you provided, but both need a status change trigger to be accomplished.

Let us know if you have any questions.

WasimBuden March 20, 2020

Hi @Petter Gonçalves 

Thank you for your response, we are not able to achieve this workaround. I would need help in setting up this.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2020

Hello @WasimBuden

Can you please provide us the step that you got stuck so we can provide you with the instructions to properly configure it?

We will be waiting for more details on which steps you were not able to configure to properly help you to implement the workaround.

WasimBuden March 20, 2020

Hi Petter,

I am new to the Jira service desk and we are company evaluating your tool to migrate from the existing ticketing system 'Freshdesk'.Really appreciate your response to our request, but I was on a call with one of your colleague, he even sent you a message I guess.

They couldn't understand how to configure how to set up the recommendations you sent. It would be very helpful if you can walk us through this for 15mins on a Zoom session.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
March 20, 2020

Hello @WasimBuden,

Thank you for your answer and details.

We would absolutely take far more than 15 minutes in a call to implement the whole scenario described from scratch, however, we can absolutely schedule another call with you for 30 minutes to help you implement any step that you might be stuck.

In order to make the time in the call productive and effectively help you achieve the scenario, I edited my original answer with some more screenshots and links to make it less confusing on how to achieve every single step, so please take a second look and check if you are able to get started.

In the meantime you are trying those steps, let us know which would be your timezone and the best time next Tuesday so we can schedule the call.

WasimBuden April 19, 2020

Hi Petter,

Thank you for your response and apologize for getting back late. Your recommendations look good but works in a ideal world where engineer's follow best practice and process if thry don't the value of this setup is 0.

So is there a way that everytime I send ' reply to customer' Jira automatically recognise the action and trigger an action to reset the sla?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events