Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict users from logging in.

Patti Deschaine May 2, 2018

I would like to lock down user access (for customers)  to reporting an issue and getting just the notification that it has been received and resolved, but  NOT have them get log in access to the site.  How do I do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2018

@Patti Deschaine, so it sounds like you do not want the customer to have access to the portal. Can you elaborate on why, as that might help better provide input. Of course the customer does not have access to the JSD application, only the portal.

While you can’t “turn the portal off” AFAIK, you could do the following:

1) don’t share the portal URL and

2) hide all request types from the portal

While the customer could navigate to the portal there would be no way to open requests there.

Patti Deschaine May 7, 2018

When you say, don't share do you mean just don't give it out or that i can actually hide it. 

We'd like our portal to be private, but  we can't license all the user as there are too many.  We are using an email address to create support tickets. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2018

I meant do not share. 

You mention “can’t license” - to be clear customers do not require a license. They are free in JSD. Only agents are licensed. 

Right, but I have been told by the licensing team that the only way to make the site private would be to license those customer.  thanks for your reply.  I really appreciate your input.  Patti

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2018

"licensing team"? is that your internal IT group or are you speaking of Atlassian? I'm not sure what you mean by private but the portal access can be configured under Customer Permissions.

The licensing contacts at Atlassian - I will check out the customer permissions.  

0 votes
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2018

Service Desk is built for this exact use case.

If you want to go the jira route, you will compartmentalize their access to a specific project and apply a custom permission scheme to the project.

Or... use Service Desk :)

Patti Deschaine May 3, 2018

I am using service desk, I just am trying to restrict users from logging in   - I want only to have them report issues by email and get the auto response, but not log into the site. 

Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2018

Ah i'm sorry, i must have wandered into the service desk section of community without realizing it :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events