cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request types vs. Issues Types

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2019

Hi.

So I read what I could find to understand the difference between the two.

I know that Requests are what the customers raise, and Issues are what the support agents deal with.

However, when it comes to "best practices" for configuring JSD, I'm not too sure I did it correctly.

For each Request Type I associated it with an Issue Type.

Example: Technical Issues and Bugs (request type) is associated with Technical Support issues type.

Service Request 'request type' is associated with Service Request 'issue type'.

Did I approach it in the wrong way?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user March 26, 2019

Hi @Gil ,

You can also use the same issue type for any number of request types. This will be based on your requirement. If you want to use Technical Support issues type workflow/fields for the other request types you can use the same issue-type for other request-types too.

The only best practice that Atlassian suggest is if you have more than 7 request types you can make use of the group option. This group helps for categorising your request types.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-jira-service-desk/create-service-desk-request-types-917968307.html?_ga=2.161925052.1628271386.1553493945-1516142325.1531468173

Thanks,

Sravya

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events