• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Receive maximum number of notifications? Edited

HI

We use next-gen projects and are receiving the below message.  What does this mean?  Is there a limit to number of email notifications using the Free version?

Email notifications are off until 06/Jan/20

You've sent the maximum number of notifications in 1 day for your plan. Upgrade to keep collaborating with your tea

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hello there,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The email notifications for the Free plan are limited to 100 per day. If the maximum notifications are reached, then it’s paused until the next day.

You can find more details about the limitations in the documentation below:

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

@Angélica Luz  What are the limits on the other plans? Does standard have a limit?

Hello @Chris Knowlton

The Standard and Premium plan doesn't have limitation for notifications.

Regards,
Angélica

Angelica,

We have the same issue.

But, we are already on a standard plan (I verified by following the link to the "Manage Subscriptions" and it clearly lists "Standard Plan" for both Jira and Confluence).

So, how do we remove the limit (and stop the popup from appearing on every page load) if we are already on a Standard plan?

SNAG-000464.png

Hi @Eric Stevens,

I’ve checked that your email is associated with three sites. On two of them, you are a site-admin.

I can’t share any private information here, but just you to better understand I’ll mention site “J” and site “S” that are the initials.

On site “J” there are Confluence and Jira Software Free and on site “S” there are the same products but is the Standard plan.

As you are using the same email, probably you are logged in on site “J”, the Free one, and on my.atlassian.com you saw the information for site “S” that it’s standard.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Thanks for the reply. 

Before we purchased Jira/Confluence a few months ago, we did have two other trial sites where we experimented with different setups and plugins (the two "j" sites), but they are currently 100% unused and should expire and be shut down at some point, I assume.   I have not purposefully logged into them in a while and the notification I screenshot-ed above was happening yesterday on our primary "startex" site.   Is there a chance that the notice was for one of the "j" sites but appearing while navigating to pages on the "startex" site?   And, if so, why would that notification be triggered from a site that is not being used by anyone anymore (how could it hit a "limit")?

Standard plan projects do appear to have a daily limit. 

We reached it again today on our standard plan project.

I attached a screenshot showing the alert clearly on our "startex" project, which you already confirmed was on a "standard" plan.

So, how do we "upgrade" to not have a limit?

image.png

Eric, I had to have Jira support fix this for us, it sounds like a very similar situation, we had been running free, then a standard trial period, then we fully signed up and paid. This limitation didn't automatically clear the transition as far as we can tell.

https://getsupport.atlassian.com/

Like # people like this

Thank you for the information, Eric.

This is a limitation when using the trial version of Jira and sometimes this limitation is not removed when upgrading the plan. Only support can remove fix this since we can't share any private information here.

Please, do as @Chris Knowlton suggested and access our support channel to create a ticket.

Like Sean Thompson likes this

Thanks for the replies in this thread - this was helpful for my issue today!

Like Angélica Luz likes this

How on earth is this bug not fixed 9 months later?

We invited 100+ users to our support portal on the free plan. Now we have exhausted our email allocations.

We upgraded to the paid plan but it still wont send emails.

We now have a complete outage as new customers cannot sign up and login as they do not get the verification email.

You could at least warn when inviting 100+ users "This will exhaust your email notifications rendering your support portal useless for new users until you contact support and wait 24 hours".

@Angélica Luz please help. We raised a support ticket.

Hello @Roland,

Thank you for reaching out!

I can see that your ticket is already in our support queue and soon someone will contact you.

Here in community we don't have access to remove the email limit, so we need to wait for our support team.

Regards,
Angélica

Angelica,

I am having a similar issue with emails. I am on the standard Plan and have 9 users.

HELP!

Jaishree

image.png

Hello @Jaishree_Raman,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

Your case is similar to another one in this thread. 

Sometimes when upgrading your plan, the notification limit is not removed, and currently, only support can remove fix this.

Please, reach out to support.atlassian.com/contact and they will help you with this issue.

Regards,
Angélica

Is there a way to disable this notification?

Hello @Alok Gupta,

Welcome to Community!

It's not possible to remove this notification, because it's what will let admins know that the limit was reached.

I saw that your site is a standard one, so you can follow the steps I mentioned on my previous comment and ask your administrator to contact support.

Regards,
Angélica

@Angélica Luz  hello, I have 3 tools: jira software cloud, confluence and service desk , all with free plan, My question is if I buy the standard license of service desk , Would we no longer have a limit on email notifications?

Hello @David Valle , 

If you get a standard license for Jira Service Desk then you will have no limitation on Jira Service Desk notifications. 

The Standard and Premium plan doesn't have limitation for notifications.

Like # people like this

Thanks for the reply my friend 

Like Dario B likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Mindville Insight users, we need your help! (there might be swag involved)

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials and we want to hear from you!  ...

276 views 4 6
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you