Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project with n Issue Types only shows n-1 of them available during Request Type setup

HSCPM August 5, 2019

I'm trying to set up my first Service Desk project but regardless of how many Issue Types I associate with it, or in what order, the first one is never available on the Request Types setup page.

To illustrate, let's say I have an Issue Type Scheme with the following Issue Types:

1. Bug
  2. Change
  3. New Feature

When I go to set up Request Types I can only choose from Change or New Feature.

If I reorder the Issue Type Scheme like this:

1. Change
  2. New Feature
  3. Bug

Now I can only choose to create a New Feature or a Bug.

If I add something to the beginning of the Issue Type Scheme like this:

1. Task
  2. Change
  3. New Feature
  4. Bug

Now the Request Type creation will only let me choose Change, New Feature or Bug.

Finally, if I remove all but one from the Issue Type Scheme like this:

1. Task

The Request Type creation dropdown then says "No Matches" and won't let me create any Request Types at all.

What is going on here and how do I fix it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2019

this seems odd. are you sure that the first choice is not already 'chosen' i.e. does it look like this...

choice.jpg

please share a screenshot if this does not help

HSCPM August 5, 2019

Aha! You're right, but it was not at all obvious because the text that you highlighted is apparently hidden if the window width is below a certain threshold.

My browser window is only 1280px wide and here are four screenshots of what I'm seeing in the four scenarios I described:

1. 2019-08-05_15-54-14.png

2. 2019-08-05_15-55-07.png

3. 2019-08-05_15-55-52.png

4. 2019-08-05_16-04-17.png

There's no clear indication that I've already got an Issue Type selected, especially in example 4, which is made all the more confusing by the "No Matches" text.

However, if I increase the window width then the hidden text starts to reveal itself and suddenly all becomes clear; it's exactly as you suspected!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events