It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Project permission.

Hi,

I'm new on Jira Service Desk and I want to understand how to apply granular permission to my project. 

For example, in my organization are multiple projects with some users and Service Desk Team role, when I add my new project, all members of Service Desk Team role are added immediately, I only need to add my team ( 10 users ).

My question is, if I delete all users, that users are deleted from other project or only this ? because the role is the same. 

Thanks a lot.

1 answer

0 votes

Go ahead and remove the users.  The role itself is global, but it's there to identify users and groups *per project*

For example, you probably have at least the default roles of user, developer and admin.

I can be admin and developer in project 1, developer in project 2 and user in project 3.  The roles go across all projects, but the users (and groups) in them are variable by project.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

280 views 0 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you